Esteemed Contributor

This is  unbelievable. The Government knows everything about you. They just want you to identify yourself.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE @NickNack  Yep I realize that , might be willing to give last 4 digits and even then not comfortable ,  but never my complete # online    Guess I'll just wait for it to arrive ,  hopefully it will.

Honored Contributor

Up to you. I've typed mine in so many times my fingers  are numb. LOL

husbands too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gov. debit cards

[ Edited ]

The government already has your SS number. Do you file income taxes? 

Honored Contributor

Mine was mailed 1-6 still haven't got it.

sigh..........

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   Yes of course ,  but I don't need the whole internet to know ! Nothing is 100 %  safe or private no matter what site your on .     I dont put that info out there ,  and only give it elsewhere when it's absolutely necessary.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

This is  unbelievable. The Government knows everything about you. They just want you to identify yourself.

What's unbelievable about it ?!      I know the government knows everything about every one of us.  I'd just rather there was a number to call instead .  

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   Yes of course ,  but I don't need the whole internet to know ! Nothing is 100 %  safe or private no matter what site your on .     I dont put that info out there ,  and only give it elsewhere when it's absolutely necessary.

@Kitty Galore  Yes, that's very smart of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gov. debit cards

[ Edited ]

A friend of mine spoke with someone at IRS and this

is the number to call. 800-919-9835. She said it took her a while but in the end she was able to talk with someone.

She also said that there is also an automated message and then you can choose to talk to some one.

@Kitty Galore 

Esteemed Contributor

For the first stimulus, we received it via direct deposit.

For this one, we're going to get a check from the "mass mailing" on Jan. 6.  None of our info or circumstances changed between the first and the second.

In the FAQ of the IRS get my payment section on their website, it says checks could take 3-4 weeks to arrive from the mailing date they indicate for you.