Super Contributor
@chrystaltree

I'm so glad you're happy with your hair color 😍

It does make you feel good 👍 😌

If you already are aware of this I apologize....
My hair stylist ,always tells me wait 2- 3 before washing your hair ...after a color change...and color protecting shampoo and conditioner...helps the longevity....

I'm sure everyone will love it !
Respected Contributor

It took a year to grow my gray out. It was awful going thru that stage but I kept hoping I'd like it once it was all natural.

I guess I'm just not a fan. I'm still threatening to go back to coloring it. I'm disappointed that it's not uniformly gray, it's salt and pepper. Not a good look for me. And pastel colors which were great for me now make me looked washed out. Black actually doesn't look good either. Only dark purple and dark teal are ok. 😢 Ugh. 

Respected Contributor

Our family, the salt and pepper was never a good look.  I know others that their mix is beautiful.  And depends a lot on hair texture as well.  So at 63, I still color every 7 weeks at the salon.  I love what my stylist does with the color.  Blonde shade and beautiful gloss.  I grew up with very dark brown hair.  

@chrystaltree Glad you love it.  I'm sure others will too!  

Respected Contributor

When my father came home one day wearing a red colored toupé, and I saw him wearing it (I think I was 5 or 6 at the time), I thought he was a stranger (because he was bald-headed with some dark brown hair around the sides), and I cried my eyes out. He returned the toupé immediately due to my less than stellar reaction to it.

I am sure your grandkids will react much more favorably to the change in your hair/hair color.

Let us know! 

Respected Contributor

This July will mark 3 years since i stopped coloring my hair.  my hair is long so i had to live with two-tone for a while.  i got regular 2-3" trims.

i get a weak moment and want to color, but i know it's a bad idea.  i don't want to undo everything i've worked for and i do not look good as a level 8 or 9 blonde and i don't care to even go a light brown.

my natural color is a dark blonde level 7 throughout,  now with maybe 40% gray and mostly white up front - hairline and temples.

i keep forgetting i don't need to pile on the conditioner.  no more hair serums, masques, shine sprays...