Honored Contributor

I see we are getting one of these stores in my area. If you are familiar with them, what are they like. Are they anything like a TJMaxx ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

We had a Gordmans at our mall for a couple years but it went out when they filed for bankruptcy a couple years ago.   It did remind me of a TJ Maxx setup with home goods and decor, clothing, shoes, etc.  

Respected Contributor

I've never heard of them.  Why not go to their website and check them out for yourself.  I looked at their website.  Looks like another "big-box" store.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The Peebles in our area closed and was recently replaced with Gordmans.  Their homeware and decor department is very nice, however the clothing department leaves a lot to be desired.  I don't frequent TJ Maxx so I can't do a comparison.

Respected Contributor

Same as @Allegheny  Our Peebles was replaced with Gordman's. 

I don't shop at TJ Maxx, but it seems similar. You can shop there if you are just looking around, but you never know what you will find.

So if you are looking for a particular product or brand, you can't be sure of what they will have.

The prices are just okay. I looked at some toys around Christmas & the prices were higher than WalMart.

Honored Contributor

We had two stores.  Both closed.  I guess you could say they are like a TJM in that they have a wide variety of departments.  I found the store overpriced.  

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I see we are getting one of these stores in my area. If you are familiar with them, what are they like. Are they anything like a TJMaxx ?

@QVCkitty1 

Gordmans is known as an off price retailer, similar in format to a TJ Maxx, Marshall's, or HomeGoods, selling brand and similar label merchandise at a discount.  Stage Stores, the parent company that acquired Bealls, announced plans Sept. 17 2019 to convert all of its department store locations into Gordmans stores by the end of 2020

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

I've never heard of them.  Why not go to their website and check them out for yourself.  I looked at their website.  Looks like another "big-box" store.

Thanks, I did , I wanted personal experience if possible. I'm familiar how the internet works. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

We had Gordman stores around our city and they closed down a few years ago. Before Gordmans they were called Richman-Gordman and 1/2 Price Stores. Inventory fluctuates. Name brands and some I've never heard of. Besides selling discounted name brands, they often had 20% off daily sales. Good deals on cologne and shoes and stocked with seasonal / holiday merchandise, as I recall.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau