Honored Contributor

Good stuff to start the week out right

[ Edited ]

trying not to squee too loudly  

I saw a mouse, where? There on the buttercups! Photographer captures harvest mice playing among the flowers

One rodent was spotted poking its head out of the top of a dandelion as the rest of its body was engulfed in the grey seeds.

Dean Mason snapped the pictures in Wimborne, Dorset, on Wednesday, offering an intimate look at the everyday lives of tiny creatures.

The 51-year-old managed to capture one using its tail to swing along a flower's stem, while others perched contentedly.  

Mr Mason, who runs Windows on Wildlife hides and workshops, said: 'The images show harvest mice doing what they do best, climbing and their usual acrobatic nature.

'My favourite captures are the images where harvest mice are climbing the meadow buttercups. It clearly shows the true acrobatic nature of these incredible tiny mammals and just how fascinating their natural behaviour is.

'Capturing the right moment can be very tricky as the mice are moving constantly most of the time. But when it happens and it all falls into place it's priceless.'

This harvest mouse was pictured swinging from its tail along the stem of a buttercup in Dorset in stunning images captured by wildlife enthusiast David Mason 
This rodent seems content to perch at the top of the dandelion as the mice were captured showing off their acrobatic ability in the wild 
A mouse sits on top of a summer bonnet in Wimborne as others were pictured swinging from flowers or perching gracefully on the plant life 
This mouse appears to be engulfed from the neck-down as it pokes its head up above the mature seeds of a dandelion in Dorset 
Mice were pictured perching on plants in Dorset as wildlife photographer Dean Mason captured them showing off their acrobatic abilities 
A mouse swings from the stem of a buttercup as 51-year-old Dean Mason captures the tiny creatures scurrying up flowers in the wild 
This mouse wrapped itself around the stem of a flower in Dorset as wildlife photographer Dean Mason captured the rodents engaging in acrobatics 
Honored Contributor

Re: Good stuff to start the week out right

@feline groovy

Thank you for the smiles.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy-

Those are so fairy tale like and beautiful!

And I love your signature line-so true!Smiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@feline groovy

Thank you so much for sharing.

Magic, Joy and Magic!

If we pay attention, Animals bring so much of both into our lives.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Thank you for helping me start the week out RIGHT!!!

Honored Contributor

Awesome photography!! Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy  adorable...and this little treasure came at just the right moment.Heart

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@feline groovy

Thank you so much for sharing something which we rarely get to appreciate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

bonus cutie:  two week-old Greater One-Horned Rhino 

2_Rare greater one-horned rhino born at Chester Zoo (4)

3_Rare greater one-horned rhino born at Chester Zoo (1)

Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Enjoyable and sweet.

Thank you for this post NOT being about the Royals.