Honored Contributor

Re: Good news from FedEx, bad news for USPS

This country has turned into a 24/7/365 days a week shopping experience with high expectations to go with it.

I know, 1st world problems.....

Honored Contributor

I have good luck with all of them. I think the mail is one of our best bargains. I never begrudge raises or shipping charges

Honored Contributor

My post office already delivers 7 days a week.  My sister actually got a package delivered on Easter morning.  

I just had to get a PO Box because I currently have no mailbox (thanks drunk driver) and supposedly you can now ship to your PO using the PO street address and your box number.    

Not as convenient maybe but I doubt my packages will sightsee to the neighbors any longer.  I might keep my box if and when my mailbox ever gets replaced if I try this out and it works well for me.  It was really cheap.  

Respected Contributor

We have had problems with FedEx.They have problems reading addresses.They deliver packages to our house even tho the house number is on the mailbox and in big letters on our garage   also.We call them to let them know and they tell us to bring it to the FedEx place,really?I guess it is just luck of the draw as to service.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I HATE FedEx and always had bad experiences with them....

1.  My brother who lives out of state sent me a DVD of my niece's performance in a school play and my nephew's Lacrosse game...and signed the paperwork to waive the signature on the delivery..'cause if it was stolen it wouldnt mean anything to anyone else.  My brother kept calling to see if I received it, but FedEx refused to deliver it without a signature and left me two notices...My brother had to call and raise hell with FedEx...

2.  I had a package delivered by FedEx and they marked on the handwritten slip it was the third and final delivery and they were returning it to sender....However FedEx tracking showed it was the FIRST delivery, I had to call and raise hell....

3.   I was home all day but for some odd reason they left my package with my neighbor who also had a package....I guess the driver wanted to save himself some time.....Later that evening my neighbor brought me my package and said the driver told her I wasn't home...She thought that was odd because my car was in the driveway....and I live in a small condo so it wasnt like I lived in a huge house and didnt hear him...trust me I hear everything going on

So this FedEx news isn't good news for me, and if more retailers start using them then the prognosis doesn't look good..Woman Frustrated....Never had any issues with UPS!.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe it will hurt USPS, maybe it won't.  They might be able to pick up more deliveries for UPS.  I noticed that my last three QVC deliveries arrived timely, about 5 days.  UPS handed all three off to USPS to deliver.  I hate FEDEX and I am so thankful that I haven't had anything delivered by them in over a year.  Their drivers often don't really make an attempt to deliver, they just dump the packages off at the UPS Access Point.  

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

This country has turned into a 24/7/365 days a week shopping experience with high expectations to go with it.

I know, 1st world problems.....

@Lucky Charm 

And then the 24/7/365 jobs start having problems with employees calling in because they dont like working weekends....and their service goes downhill...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

All of our problems have been with Fed-Ex

Honored Contributor

@srgtdj wrote:

Excellent news.  Every single time I have had a delivery problem it's been with USPS.  In my old subdivision the postal person didn't even try to deliver to the right address..I got other people's mail at least 3 days a week. I spoke with the USPS supervisor, visited the post office to talk in person, sent USPS a complaint..it would change for a short time and then go back to chaos.  I keep waiting for the day when I get one of the great postal service employees..I am certain they are out there!

@srgtdj 

We used to have an excellent USPS employee...but when she went on Army Reserve duty then chaos occurred.....mail delivered to wrong addresses, missing packages etc...When she returned everyone related all the problems and told her how glad we were to see her back....And this was her quote to us, "My co-workers are a bunch of idiots!" 😆 That says it all...Sadly, she left USPS and went full time into the military.  Since then we've had 2 different carriers take over our route and their service is hit or miss...😒

Honored Contributor

I always wonder how a retailer decides who they use for shipping. I like FedEx and UPS, don't like Lasership and hate when UPS delivers a package to my post office. Many times my packages sit there for a day or two until it's delivered to me.