Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm sure your plumber will be tickled pink to see your shout out when he settles in his recliner to read the QVC bulletin boards this evening.

That was very nice of him to offer to dispose of the cat.  You must have a broken window in your basement.  Same thing happened to my sister in her garage which was below ground.

Let me assure you , the man knows how much I appreciated him. As the title of my post clearly stated it was about good people. What is wrong with you that you have to snark all over this. Most people knew what  I was talking about.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

How on earth did a cat get in your basement and you not know about it?  

It was really nice of your plumber to take to take care of it formyou. 

Chasing a mouse?😳

My dd's dryer hose that led off to the vent came off one winter. As a result, they played host to a community of mice, creeping my dd out when she found them, seven of them, helping themselves to her kitchen one evening! Her dh knew the hose was off but hadn't gotten around to fixing it! I'm sure they were fortunate only mice came in!😉

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

Thank you all for your great suggestions, you are always helpful.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1

Wow, what a traumatic thing to happen to you and your plumber.  It was very nice of him to handle it for you. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I'm glad your plumber handled the situation so well for you. There are many good people in this world who care about others and do the right thing.

Glad he was one of those people.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama You bet it was, I'm used to handling situations on my own, so it was extra nice to have him step in. This is a family business, ( their dad was my parent 's plumber). They do electrical, plumbing and heating, and always come when you call. To those who can't believe I didn't know, again my 1840 's basement is creepy, and I avoid it when I can. I will try and do better in the future.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm sure your plumber will be tickled pink to see your shout out when he settles in his recliner to read the QVC bulletin boards this evening.

That was very nice of him to offer to dispose of the cat.  You must have a broken window in your basement.  Same thing happened to my sister in her garage which was below ground.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why in the world did you choose this particular thread to spread your sour outlook? 

It's a nice change of pace from the complaint after complaint after complaint threads.

@QVCkitty1

Thanks for a ray of positive today.  

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

bless his heart.  what would you have done if you had found the poor thing yourself.  how awful would that have been.  there are a great many good people in this world and it is nice of you to start a thread to recognize him.

just goes to show....you're good people too.  Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

I agree that your plumber was very kind to have helped you in this manner.

Always nice to hear stories like this.

P.S.@QVCkitty1 I had to laugh a little when I saw your name.  A little dark humor.

Respected Contributor

@Susan in California

you've got a great sense of humor!  i don't know why i didn't think of that.  LOL