Honored Contributor

We complain so much these days, I just wanted to give a shout out to my plumber. He came to do a furnace cleaning and check, and there was a dead cat in the cellar. I don't go down there much, it's creepy. Anyway he insisted on taking care of it, and would take nothing for it. I thought That I smelled something in the kitchen this AM ,but couldn't find anything. Anyway hats off to nice people everywhere who go above and beyond. Now to find out how poor kitty got in.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

That must have been shocking to find!

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

That must have been shocking to find!

It certainly was, I love cats, hence the nickname.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1

Always nice when someone goes beyond their requirements for their job to help others when the need be.As for those felines, they can be quick when necessary to sneak both in or out, when it comes to their desires.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

How on earth did a cat get in your basement and you not know about it?  

It was really nice of your plumber to take to take care of it formyou. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1

I'd be very wary if a cat got in the basement some way. Please have someone check your foundation and any windows or other openings (like old coal chute, dryer vents, or other openings basements sometimes have) to be sure you don't have a big opening (or even a small one) that might let in more dangerous kinds of animals (skunks, raccoons, mice/rats, or snakes).

See if door frames have been beached or there are tunnels near the base of the house, outside, where animals might be getting in. 

Respected Contributor

oh gosh...poor kitty. that is awful

Honored Contributor

I'm sure your plumber will be tickled pink to see your shout out when he settles in his recliner to read the QVC bulletin boards this evening.

That was very nice of him to offer to dispose of the cat.  You must have a broken window in your basement.  Same thing happened to my sister in her garage which was below ground.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

That was so nice of him to get that cat out of there for you.

There really are good people out there. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Make sure a chimney cap is installed over your chimney top; it prevents all sorts of animals (raccoons, squirrels, birds and probably cats) from gaining access. They are attracted to the warm chimney. Also when it rains heavily, the rain doesn't come into your chimney.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼