Honored Contributor

Massive relief all around at the quick apprehension of this criminal.  Kudos to incredibly quick work by Federal and other law enforcement, F.B.I., Secret Service.

Now, hoping that the series of recent ricin letters crimes targeted at Pentagon and political figures are solved.  The investigation has gone quiet, and media not reporting much.  Poison sent through the mail seems very, very difficult to get a handle on.

Honored Contributor

Re: Good Job FBI

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Massive relief all around at the quick apprehension of this criminal.  Kudos to incredibly quick work by Federal and other law enforcement, F.B.I., Secret Service.

Now, hoping that the series of recent ricin letters crimes targeted at Pentagon and political figures are solved.  The investigation has gone quiet, and media not reporting much.  Poison sent through the mail seems very, very difficult to get a handle on.

@Oznell,  One or two days after the letters were intercepted the FBI arrested a Utah man, a Navy veteran, and he has been charged and remains in custody.   eta:  I looked it up in an article from this week -- his name is William Clyde Allen, III.  I've seen it reported on numerous news sources all along. 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

@Oznell,  One or two days after the letters were intercepted the FBI arrested a Utah man, a Navy veteran, and he has been charged and remains in custody.   I've seen it reported on numerous news sources all along. 

So Have I!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

@Oznell,  One or two days after the letters were intercepted the FBI arrested a Utah man, a Navy veteran, and he has been charged and remains in custody.   I've seen it reported on numerous news sources all along. 

So Have I!

Me too.

SMH

Honored Contributor

Apples don't compare to oranges but people still ty to find a way to do so! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor
Why the SMH?
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Respected Contributor

Re: Good Job FBI

[ Edited ]

Not condoning what the man from Utah did, but the degree of insanity or whatever one wants to call it, fortunately cannot be compared to the wide-spread actual danger that possibly thousands of innocent people were exposed to by actual bombs being sent through the mail.

What he sent were castor beans, which is the raw material from which ricin is made.  Upsetting yes, but not fatal in their natural form.

The fact that both (thankfully) were captured, somehow doesn't send any relief my way.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I appreciate the update on the arrest of that guy, @dooBdoo--  I had missed that.  What relief, and what credit to our law enforcement.  Will simply leave it that no one of any stripe should have fear and terror brought to their door step-- it's unconscionable that anyone should have a moment's unrest, yet many, many have, and a lot of the cases are not widely known. 

Our law enforcement is the best, especially when they all work in coordination, in that intense, systematic way for which they're famous.

Esteemed Contributor

Once again, it seems to be extreme POVs that solicit chaos. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau