Honored Contributor

Going PAPERLESS...Help please

[ Edited ]

I pay my monthly Medicare Premium Part B out of pocket. Every month I get a paper bill in the mail and I can send a check with that if I want to send it back in the mail. But instead I pay online. Is there a way to go paperless billing? I can't seem to find a setting to change that on the MC website. Anyone know? TIA

Valued Contributor

Re: Going PAPERLESS...Help please

My husband and I both have Medicare Part B, and we also collect social security.  Medicare Part B is directly deducted from our social security each month before we get it.  If you want more information you can call Medicare directly for help.  The number is on your card.

Honored Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

My husband and I both have Medicare Part B, and we also collect social security.  Medicare Part B is directly deducted from our social security each month before we get it.  If you want more information you can call Medicare directly for help.  The number is on your card.

Yes thank you. Most people do have their Part B deducted from their SS but my situ is different.  I know I can make a call but I thought I would ask about it here in hopes that someone might know. @daisy4 

Honored Contributor

Honestly, IMO, it would be better for you to go to the Medicare website and get the info directly "from the horses mouth."  I think the website is pretty user friendly.

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if what you want is to go paperless - meaning just getting an ebill and you deliberately pay.

Or if you mean an automatic payment - so once it is set up it runs on and on.

I know you can set up the automatic one.  It is good if you are in the hospital unexpectedly, so necessary bills are paid.  Don't recall, but somewhere on their site is a way to do it.  

Or you can set up recurring on your bank site, which gives you more control.

Sometimes paper is good for tax, depending.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Apparently you can through Medicare Easy Pay....

medicarefaq.com/faqs/medicare-easy-pay/

If I were you since you are already paying online, why not keep the snail mail bill as your receipt?  Pay online like you been doing then write paid on your snail mail bill for your records.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Honestly, IMO, it would be better for you to go to the Medicare website and get the info directly "from the horses mouth."  I think the website is pretty user friendly.

My op said that I can't find it on the MC website. So I'm asking. @kaydee50 

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Not sure if what you want is to go paperless - meaning just getting an ebill and you deliberately pay.

Or if you mean an automatic payment - so once it is set up it runs on and on.

I know you can set up the automatic one.  It is good if you are in the hospital unexpectedly, so necessary bills are paid.  Don't recall, but somewhere on their site is a way to do it.  

Or you can set up recurring on your bank site, which gives you more control.

Sometimes paper is good for tax, depending.

I'm not looking for an automatic payment option. I already know how to set one up with my bank and have it debited out my account there. All I want is to stop getting the paper bills and have MC ebill me instead. @Still Raining 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   If you log into your account, you can do a "live chat."  Since I think most of us never receive a bill because it's taken directly from our social security, it seems it would be best for you go to Medicare directly.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@SilleeMee   Apparently you can through Medicare Easy Pay....

medicarefaq.com/faqs/medicare-easy-pay/

If I were you since you are already paying online, why not keep the snail mail bill as your receipt?  Pay online like you been doing then write paid on your snail mail bill for your records.

I know about the Easy Pay thing using my bank account. I don't want that. I just want to stop getting a printed bill in the mail and get an ebill sent to my email address instead. @Mz iMac