Honored Contributor

Goal you'd like to reach for yourself in 2023?

For some reason, yesterday, I was doing some thinking about 2023 and what goal I'd like to reach.

Think mine is to finish the weight loss, I've been on this year, and get to maintenance once and for all.  I want to also just shop my stash of yarn for crochet and one other hobby I have.  Purpose is so I can just do some puzzles and read some books I've held onto for awhile.  I want to make some of those changes for myself.  Feel the need.

Are you thinking of any changes, or goals for your own life for this next year?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Goal you'd like to reach for yourself in 2023?

I don't set New Year goals. Many goals are unreasonable, so that's why they tend to fail. If one wants to set goals, do it within limits and set something you know you'll reach. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

I'm going to enjoy the Christmas season first. No reason to rush into the next year - it will have 365 days to think about/reach goals just like all the others.

Honored Contributor

This year's goal after turning 60 last Christmas was to be kinder to myself.  No more rules, regulations or deprivations.  I am going to continue that but also try to dust more often.  I hate it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

See my side hustle take off more than it already has and continue the hard lesson of 2022. It's definitely my turn now. Time to do my dreams and let everyone else take care of themselves. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

(thread title)

@qualitygal 

1)Get my Ejection Fraction numbers up so

2)I am no longer in Congestive Heart Failure 

3)Get back to ice skating

hckynut ðŸ‡ºðŸ‡¸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

To be more perceptive regarding the truthfulness of what those who are running for elected office are telling the media.  And to be alive in 2024 to put that information to use.    

Respected Contributor

To stop eating carbs.  I already work out every day and have for 2-1/2 years but my eating habits could be a little cleaner so I'll focus on that.

Honored Contributor

The goal is to make it through another year!!!

Honored Contributor

I gave up on New Year's resolutions Year's ago. Especially when it comes to weight loss. It's not a goal bebecause I don't have plan but I hope to figure what my next chapter will be.  I retired in April and while I have enjoyed having my life to myself, I'm bored now.  I need a purpose.