Honored Contributor

Re: GoFundMe for personal use?

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I get that celery. 

But when you are given an eviction notice on Friday night, and your first post on Saturday is about lip balms, okay, maybe you're in denial.  But to continue to post about eye shadows, etc. then you're priorities aren't in the right place.

I think the next step would've been actually asking posters for money.  And if they give, that's fine. 

OP got an eviction notice? I missed that.

She can't have the thinking it won't happen. 

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@I like celery wrote:

Let's not jump to conclusions.  Perhaps it was a typo in the SUV thread last month, and maybe Feline meant to type "had" instead of "have" or maybe even Feline was "fibbing" because she wanted to feel like her former self again, when she did own a vehicle.  Perhaps she's tired of being judged, and just wanted to "fit in."  

I don't think Feline has seen the previous posts yet, and that's probably why she hasn't addressed anything yet.

She was asked about the SUV discrepancy, and posted AFTER it was brought up.

Actually it should be had, not  have. Loved, not love.

Frequent Contributor

I thought she was asking about GoFundMe for her friend? 

In general, it's hard to be sympathetic to money woes from people who hang out on a shopping site. The money doesn't spend itself. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lady Elaine wrote:

In general, it's hard to be sympathetic to money woes from people who hang out on a shopping site. The money doesn't spend itself. 

Feline is the "friend".

Honored Contributor

@I like celery

Cel Cat Happy, I have been - and am (when I'n not on this thread, LOL) - contacting lots of local places, including churches.

Please be assured of that.

But just because you want someone to respond, doesn't mean they can or will.

So you keep trying anything and everything.

Again, and it's a reality not just a saying, timing is EVERYTHING.

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@I like celery

Cel Cat Happy, I have been - and am (when I'n not on this thread, LOL) - contacting lots of local places, including churches.

Please be assured of that.

But just because you want someone to respond, doesn't mean they can or will.

So you keep trying anything and everything.

Again, and it's a reality not just a saying, timing is EVERYTHING.

@feline groovy  I understand.  I didn't think you had contacted any churches, so that's the only reason why I  mentioned it.  Sorry about that.  I have no doubts you've been making contact with many organizations, agencies, etc.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2

That and the other ones weren't me.

But I totally get how you & other posters feel, as I've also contributed money/resources/time to things in the past tryng to help out, and sometimes also got burned.

I can't and don't let it cloud my gut reaction to something new, though, as it's not the new possible recipient's fault (I'm referring to the people or animals in need).

The money/check goes directly to - and is made out to - my landlord / property management company.

Respected Contributor

@Lady Elaine wrote:

@Lady Elaine You may not have seen the post, but Feline's financial challenges were the result of a mistake regarding her SSD checks.  It was eventually resolved, but left her in a tough spot.  She wasn't shopping or spending irresponsibly.  

(Also, she did later mention in this thread that she actually was the "friend," but had been embarrassed and felt guilty about asking for help.  She probably should have mentioned that to begin with, but I understand why she didn't, since she's been judged so many times in her life.)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

Wow
Frequent Contributor

Okay my bad.  Set up a gofundme account then. I think that's all you can do at this point. A lot of people here will contribute to it I'm sure.