Honored Contributor

Glen Campbell - Two Of His Children Claim Stepmother Won't Let Them See Him

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/08/08/glen-campbells-kids-say-cant-see-their-dad-fans-rais...

This is sad.  Campbell, who is in the late stages of Alzheimer's, lives in a facility now.  Two of his children claim Campbell's current (and longtime) wife won't let them see their father, despite a law that she can't prohibit them from doing so without a court order.  (Peter Falk's children had the same issue and the law bears his name).

The children have started a GoFundMe page for their legal expenses.

I never liked Campbell's wife in the wonderful documentary about his last tour during which his Alzheimer's was advancing.  His youngest daughter was very, very caring towards Glen but it seemed to me his wife had much less patience with him and didn't come across as all that caring towards Glen.  I could be very wrong about that; it was just an impression from the documentary.

Honored Contributor

Re: Glen Campbell - Two Of His Children Claim Stepmother Won't Let Them See Him

[ Edited ]

we will never know the truth.... so why want to worry about it or get involved.  I am sure he is being treated well and cared for.  With family and step family there is often fights over money and such when someone dies who has money.   I am sure that he is just now no more than a shell of the man he was and they are just waiting for him to die.  The courts will figure it out. 

Esteemed Contributor

If she's breaking the law, have her arrested.

How could she possibly stop them from seeing him in a facility?

Their gofundme page says she's away a lot, giving speeches. If she's not even around, how can she prevent it?

The only way would be paying off his caretakers...

Respected Contributor

This is a very one sided story we are getting.

Respected Contributor

This is just salicious gossip, IMO.

Nobody knows the whole story...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

we will never know the truth.... so why want to worry about it or get involved.  I am sure he is being treated well and cared for.  With family and step family there is often fights over money and such when someone dies who has money.   I am sure that he is just now no more than a shell of the man he was and they are just waiting for him to die.  The courts will figure it out. 

@SeaMaiden  I am neither "worried about it" nor "getting involved"  (unless you too are "involved" merely by posting).  It was a news story and since I like Glen C. and many others here do also, I posted it.  If you don't like it, don't read it but please stop challenging people for even starting a thread - you do that constantly with your "why do you care?" posts.   Enough already.  I posted - either read it or don't but please stop discouraging threads as you constantly do with your negative remarks about the thread. Smiley Sad :

Respected Contributor

Such irony right in your face. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

Smiley respect 040.GIF
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

To answer your question,Because this happens in many families. The spouse of an elderly or incapacitated person shuts out family. There is something to be learned when hearing of and discussing these situations.

As an aging person, know your spouse SO and put legal instructions in place so this can't happen. As a child of someone in this position, consider ahead of time if this could be a scenario you may be facing with a parent in the future, and explore avenues to help prevent it from happening.

And one can never assume 'he' is being treated and well cared for. How many tragic stories have been told about people who were not, but their families either didn't know or couldn't gain access to them to be sure. 

I do so tire of people on these boards telling others what is and isn't of enough importance to discuss.

Honored Contributor

This sounds like the Casey Kasem end of life story all over again.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼