Frequent Contributor
I started reading this on my kindle. I gave up after I couldn't keep up with this crazy girl's ramblings. It actually got boring to me since she is a looney-toon. Tell me it gets really exciting because half way in I'm putting it down and reading something else.
Esteemed Contributor

Momshan, I read this on a snow day when there was not much else to do. The plot is weak but there is a pace to the book that kept me interested until I could figure out the mystery. Once I did that, I raced to the finish. Up to you how long you read. Once you figure it out,you might want to PTB. See Lainey's monthly reading thread for more reviews. LM

Someone compared this to Gone Girl. It may have been one of the book's formal reviewers. I really don't think so. GoneGirl was much much better IMO. LM

Respected Contributor

I agree with everything Lilysmom said. There does come a point where you get sucked in and want to read more. For me, about the midway point it became so obvious I could have skipped right to the end. I liked Gone Girl a lot better, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't think The Girl on the Train was anything like Gone Girl, but that's only my opinion. I didn't like Gone Girl and didn't care what happened to any of the characters. At least in The Girl on the Train, I was rooting for Rachel, who was a sad, lonely woman who was also an alcoholic. I also liked her roommate Cathy.

I enjoyed The Girl on the Train and was happy with the ending.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor
On 2/12/2015 momshan said: I started reading this on my kindle. I gave up after I couldn't keep up with this crazy girl's ramblings. It actually got boring to me since she is a looney-toon. Tell me it gets really exciting because half way in I'm putting it down and reading something else.

I did the exact same thing.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed it! Was it the most gripping book I've ever read? No, but I liked it.

No, it is not like Gone Girl, although both are suspense stories, so I suppose that's where the comparison comes. My cousin, who recommended GOTT to me, said "I know you like suspense like Gone Girl, so you might like this one." I agree that it was a little slow starting up, but it picked up pace and I finished it in two days.

Honored Contributor

I'm looking forward to reading this.....

Frequent Contributor
Well then,I will continue on. Thanks for your feedback!
Super Contributor
On 2/12/2015 sunala said:

I didn't think The Girl on the Train was anything like Gone Girl, but that's only my opinion. I didn't like Gone Girl and didn't care what happened to any of the characters. At least in The Girl on the Train, I was rooting for Rachel, who was a sad, lonely woman who was also an alcoholic. I also liked her roommate Cathy.

I enjoyed The Girl on the Train and was happy with the ending.

Thank you for saving me from typing - I agree with everything you said!
Contributor

I quit on this book half way in. I liked BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP and thought this book would be in the same catagory. GOTT was weird in my opinion!