Respected Contributor

Girl Scouts In Fla. scammed by counterfeiters

Shameful news.........

Six Girl Scout troops in Florida were cheated out of $650 while selling cookies outside of Publix and Walmart stores.

Crooks gave them large counterfeit bills and got "real money" back in change.

I sympathize with the scout council leader  who wondered "how do we explain this to the girls?"

Honored Contributor

Re: Girl Scouts In Fla. scammed by counterfeiters

It's so sad that some people have no conscience!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Explain it this way:  There are very bad people in this world who do very bad things.  As you go through life, you're going to have to be on the lookout for them.  And no matter how hard you try to avoid it, the bad people may win anyway.  That's reality.

Esteemed Contributor

That is just terrible. But, like some folks have said some people have absolutely no conscience and are capable of doing a lot of different things to make a buck or two.

Respected Contributor

If not jail, let karma deal with them many more times over for those thieving scoundrels.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

It would be nice if everyone could send in $1 to get their money back plus make some.

I could not sleep at night if I did something like that.

Valued Contributor

I fully understand people feeling bad about the scammers but, what about those who hear its 5 bucks a box, the cookies shrunk and they now have an additional bakery pushing out these cookies and they taste nothing like the originals.

I live in FL and came out of Publix greeted by the little darlins.

I asked for 2 of the Mints, which most of us love, especially coming straight out of the freezer on a hot Summer day. There is no doubting the refreshing taste, until this year.

I couldn't waiti to get that box open, when a see a a cookie the size  a bit larger than a quarter! So I figured what the heck, my hips will be thanking me in the morning.

I bit into it them and gone was the real chocolate taste and don't get me started on the mint, I mean it was like looking for Waldo....

I went straight to the internet to see if it was just me and my taste buds having a problem or what. It wasn't and I wasn't the only customer being had.

They got my 10 bucks and I am glad it will go towards something to help them but other than that, no I don't feel sorry for them getting scammed because they are doing the same to us.....

Honored Contributor

It's a shame they were scammed.  Too bad the thieves just didn't make off with some of those awful cookies.  That would have taught them a lesson: Crime doesn't pay.

Honored Contributor

Shame on them for scamming Girl Scouts!

Honored Contributor

I am skeptical......

I find it strange that Walmart and Publix and/or other local retail businesses reported receiving counterfeited $$$.  Just the GS.  confused.gif

That is not how counterfeiters work.

The story broke the end of Feb & to date, no updated info?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif