Respected Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for a couple/$50 limit

What about a nice bottle of wine?

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Do you think they would appreciate a $50 donation to their favorite charity in their name.  It always bugs me when I'm out looking for just "stuff" for people who have everything.  But I understand it's important to find that perfect gift,too.  I hope you find what you're looking for.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Last year my sil(brother's wife) and I decided to put a $50 limit on our gifts. I'm having a hard time finding a gift for them either together or separate. My brother likes to cook and likes gadgets(cooking and electronics.) She likes animals and travelling. I don't really know what they need and usually surprise them with something. They're both diabetic and follow a diabetic diet. I don't really like giving gift cards unless I know it's for something they will use. They rarely go out to eat or to a movie as they are very busy with various clubs, organizations and working. She's a nurse and also in school. My niece lives in Wales and they visit her at least once a year. Any suggestions for a practical couple gift (or individual)?

Do they like meats like bacon/sausage or coffee. They have organic options, and diabetics are usually ok with protein. You can start them on a monthly subscription. I would love bacon every month, and chocolate and coffee and well I could be here all day. Good luck. They sound like PITAs to shop for.

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher...on Etsy there are several sites that take special family recipes (submitted by you)  or initials, etc and engrave or some how transfer that recipe onto a cutting board....they are really nice......

Honored Contributor

Go to Amazon and look at the very top for INTERESTING IDEAS or a variation on that.  NOT in large type.

If you don't see it, enter it into their search function to find a lot of inexpensive fun ideas.

I've already bought six things on the list including a space pen for DH's stocking.

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Starpolisher...on Etsy there are several sites that take special family recipes (submitted by you)  or initials, etc and engrave or some how transfer that recipe onto a cutting board....they are really nice......

@Mom2Dogs I love this! I already ordered something else for them but will definitely be getting one of these in the future for myself, my son's, sister and brother. I'm going to put my mom's recipe for Arroz con Gandules on it, which we all love! Thanks for the suggestion and Merry Christmas!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs I love this! I already ordered something else for them but will definitely be getting one of these in the future for myself, my son's, sister and brother. I'm going to put my mom's recipe for Arroz con Gandules on it, which we all love! Thanks for the suggestion and Merry Christmas!

@Starpolisher@Mom2Dogs- I did the recipe cutting boards last year and they were a tremendous hit.  I gave one to just about everyone in my and my husband's family.  Several receipients actually cried when they opened them.

I ordered them from etsy.  If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to share the name of the etsy vendor.  No relation to me at all.  He just was fast and did a great job.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Starpolisher@Mom2Dogs- I did the recipe cutting boards last year and they were a tremendous hit.  I gave one to just about everyone in my and my husband's family.  Several receipients actually cried when they opened them.

I ordered them from etsy.  If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to share the name of the etsy vendor.  No relation to me at all.  He just was fast and did a great job.

@gidgetgh please do share. I looked at them on Etsy and will definitely be getting these!  I wish I'd known about them before I started shopping. Next year for sure although I plan to get them soon and put them away. Did you get the typed or handwritten recipe? They are great! I haven't been excited about a gift in a long time!

Merry Christmas!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

How about a edible fruit basket?   You can get a nice one for 50 dollars. Merry X-mas.

they are diabetics,  not a good idea

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

Last year my sil(brother's wife) and I decided to put a $50 limit on our gifts. I'm having a hard time finding a gift for them either together or separate. My brother likes to cook and likes gadgets(cooking and electronics.) She likes animals and travelling. I don't really know what they need and usually surprise them with something. They're both diabetic and follow a diabetic diet. I don't really like giving gift cards unless I know it's for something they will use. They rarely go out to eat or to a movie as they are very busy with various clubs, organizations and working. She's a nurse and also in school. My niece lives in Wales and they visit her at least once a year. Any suggestions for a practical couple gift (or individual)?

amazon gift card, they can buy anything