Esteemed Contributor

Getting really tired of Direct TV programming

I have had DIRECT TV for over 10 years and have the most complete package they offer.  It costs a lot of money each month.  More and more when I try to find something worth watching I appear to be confronted more and more with shopping and infomercial channels then I ever seem to remember being on Direct TV in the past.  I only watch maybe 7 channels on a regular basis and I am really staring to think that this service is not worth the high dollars I am paying for it.  Anyone else finding this?

Honored Contributor

Re: Getting really tired of Direct TV programming

@KathyPet wrote:

I have had DIRECT TV for over 10 years and have the most complete package they offer.  It costs a lot of money each month.  More and more when I try to find something worth watching I appear to be confronted more and more with shopping and infomercial channels then I ever seem to remember being on Direct TV in the past.  I only watch maybe 7 channels on a regular basis and I am really staring to think that this service is not worth the high dollars I am paying for it.  Anyone else finding this?

Why not get their basic package?  You are throwing $$$$ down the drain w/their complete package if you are only viewing 7 chanels.  

Better yet, get rid of cable all together, purchase a digital box to enjoy your 7 channels.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Easy solution...........cancel because their rates are not going to decrease.  We jumped to streaming only and no longer have their bill to 'complain' about.......

Esteemed Contributor

I cut my cable and use over-the-air and streaming.  Not at all sorry.  Now if I could find some way to do the same with ComcastInternet I would die happy.

Trusted Contributor

Yes @KathyPet.

We like DirectTV but we did downgrade last year. My hubby misses the Golf channel but other than that I can't think of any other channel, now gone, that I really miss. We just have the basic package now and are happy.

Trusted Contributor

Call them.  Since AT&T took them over, we now have home phone, internet and TV now appearing on one bill.  Two months ago my husband re-negotiated a deal with them as our bill for Direct TV had gone up from $95 to $105/mo. and we were never notified.  We had downgraded our pkg. last year when our 2 yr. contrct was done.

We signed on again and got the DVR (previously they wanted $300 to get this one) that records 5 shows and we got 3 mos. of premium channels free.  When the bill increased to $105 he called them and said we couldn't afford it.  Since we have our "bundle" with them, they gave us a discount of $40/mo. for one year to keep our business.  It pays to re-negotiate.  I get frustrated with their guide - the programming listed is not always whats on TV.

Good Luck.

Respected Contributor

I think our package is the 2nd to cheapest, and you're right - it's mostly shopping channels and infomercials.  The programming is terrible!!!!  We only have it because cable is not an option for us.

Honored Contributor

I have U-Verse and just got through doing the renegotiation dance and have decided to drop all of it.  I will be switching my home number to my cell phone, switching the internet back to Comcast with a package that also includes HBO and local channels called Internet Plus with Blast!.

The final piece will be streaming through PlayStation Vue where I will get virtually all of the channels I watch via my Amazon Fire TV devices.  I hope to get all of this done by the end of the week.

I cannot believe how many infomercial channels they have crammed into their line up (U-Verse), really disappointed in them all around.