Esteemed Contributor

Getting Creative Working From Home.

My daughter started working from home on Monday. Tuesday was downright ugly as our internet is lousy and kept dropping.  Clients, her boss and she were all frustrated as documents needed to be done and emailed and our internet was slowing things down.

Our service is sending someone Friday between 1 and 5 to check our lines.

Solution. DD goes to her brothers because whatever set up he has is 100x better and faster than home.  He leaves for work at 7:30 am, she arrives at 8:30 am.  She is out of there long before he gets home. He has 3 bathrooms so she uses the one furthest from the master bath that he  uses.  Lysols the doorknobs, frig, and anything else she touches. He does the same.

His company no longer allows them to go into customers homes which makes me feel better.

She has to work from home but it just isn't ours. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Getting Creative Working From Home.

My stupid question........after your previous posting - I got to thinking.   Why can't DD and/or boss still work at the office?  Avoid large gatherings is the new rule but - I've worked in law offices in prior life - and if you don't have appointments (clints) set up  - nobody but the lawyers and secy are there. 

I don't get it.....................

Respected Contributor

I spend the morning looking for headsets so that all the speech/language pathologists in our school district can start providing teletherapy.  They are not easy to find as I am sure a lot of people are working from home and need them.

Respected Contributor

I also have slp collegues that do birth to three intervention.  These services are provided in homes or day cares.  I am glad I don't do early intervention any more, I wouldn't want to be in and out of people's homes or in germ infested day cares. 

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt  Our Gov.ordered all non-life sustaining businesses close their physical offices.  Her firm did that.

I don't know if there would be problems if she went there and worked.  It wouldn't look good if a law firm got fined for ignoring the order.