Honored Contributor

Re: Get Ready for the HEAT! It's everywhere!

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

I hate summer.  I'm a winter person.  Give me cold weather any day.  Hate heat and humidity.  It makes me feel really bad.

@MarthaStewardessI so totally agree. I stay home or go from a/c car into a/c stores. I only do my shopping early morning or at night. 

Honored Contributor

What's nice about living in Colorado is that I can drive up to a higher elevation and it's a whole lot cooler up there. For example, right now it's 45' atop Pike's Peak. AHHH!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

shanus---should be delightful for you then--my weather app says in the 70"s for next 10 days but our real summer usually starts on the 5th of July----can get warm here but no humidity. And it will change every 15 minutes too---no idea what July 19th will be!

Honored Contributor

seamaiden---I like it a little warmer--anything up to 80 is good for me.

Respected Contributor

Here in N.E. Pa., we're to start with a heat wave today thru next Wed. This weekend it's to be near 100 Sat. and Sun. You all keep cool and safe. Care for your pets and us old folks.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt.  We've got the Rio Grande running right through the middle of Albuquerque with high stands of cottonwood on both sides.  There are paved trails people use for walking, bicycling, horseback riding etc.  They get downright paranoid in a dry summer about fire in the Bosque.  The fire dept. and police patrol it and chase off squatters.  There was a small fire there this afternoon, much less than an acre, and 12 big fire trucks from 3 communities showed up.  The cottonwood trees are shedding their cotton right now and they say its extremely flamable.  They're very protective of that area.

@Kachina624

Glad to hear that your area is taking precautions, better safe than sorry.....

At our State Parks here they have covered up all the gas grills at all the picnic areas and campsites....too dangerous!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”