Honored Contributor

Re: Get Ready for the HEAT! It's everywhere!

"Get Ready for the HEAT! It's everywhere!"

Ummm yes...it's Summer and that's what happens!! This is what I live for! I love the heat, I love Summer and I'm the only one in the universe that loves the humidity! We are going to a car show today then will be out on our boat for the next week or so enjoying this typical Summer weather!! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

No heat where I live--in Wa state---cool, grey and damp. Still got my heat on in the house. Am dressed in layers still. No heat for us in the near future either---

I definately need to move to Washington, the heat of summer brings me down Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Ummm yes...it's Summer and that's what happens!! This is what I live for! I love the heat, I love Summer and I'm the only one in the universe that loves the humidity! We are going to a car show today then will be out on our boat for the next week or so enjoying this typical Summer weather!! Heart

@ID2.  Thank goodness temperatures of 95-101 are not typical summer weather here! I will be in my house with the ac blasting for the week.

Valued Contributor

We have an excessive heat warning until tomorrow night.  It’s going to be at least in the 90s for a week or more.   The humidity is awful.   

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I'm the same way!  I LOVE it! 

I haven't lived in snowy/cold climes since I was a kid, so anything below 74* and I'm freezing...lol.

If we get out on the boat this weekend, I'll be kicked back under the bimini---reading and dozing off.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

I can tolerate 90 degree temps, if the humidity and dew point are low.  But I don't live where conditions exist.  Right now while it is only 68, the humidity is 94% and the dew point is at 66%.

So true, the dew points are what make it oppressive.

Trusted Contributor

Here in Western New York,we are going to have high 90's for at least a week with humidity.  We have horses and chickens and have dug out all our giant barn fans for our babies.  The only living thing around here that seems to like this heat is the dang horseflies, and they bite hard !!!!

Honored Contributor

Yep, it's summertime. Hot, humid, sticky until you hit the stores and then it's cold and icy and then back out in the hot and humid and then back into cold and icy, etc. Lol, it's no wonder respiratory issues are so common this time of the year according to my doc.

I grew up with it. It doesn't bother me. You dress for it, you move more slowly and you sip ice water. Stay inside when it's really bad or hit the pool. I PREFER the cold and dark days of winter but without the hot days of summer, I wouldn't appreciate winter so much. Smiley Happy: )

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

First, my prayers go out to people living in the area of wild fires.  I pray for rain for you.  Chicago here - today 87 but heat index is higher and tomorrow even hotter.  Everyone in this heat wave -- stay inside if you can, check on the elderly to make sure they are in air conditiong.  

@Katcat1  Good morning. Here in NC, we’d put on a sweater for 87 degrees. Lol. We’re expecting temps in mid to high 90’s over the 4-5 days. Visited Mom yesterday & she had a/c set on 76 & patio door open. Although she was perfectly comfortable, I could wring the sweat out of my clothing!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

No heat where I live--in Wa state---cool, grey and damp. Still got my heat on in the house. Am dressed in layers still. No heat for us in the near future either---

@wagirl  Selfishly hope it stays that way. Visiting DD July 19th for 10 days and she promises no humidity. She’s just outside of Seattle.