Regular Contributor

Re: ••• Germanwings plane crash co-pilot hid illness from employer •••

On 3/27/2015 NoelSeven said:

Bumping this fact up, rather than letting it be buried in favor to a scare claim.

If you are referring to the post about the co-pilot converting to Islam, that post has been removed.

Honored Contributor

Well....we'll have to see what turns up.....I believe depression/anger/anxiety was atleast a secondary factor/diagnosis...one doesn't crash a plane into a mountain because of diabetes....
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 Alley Catvocate said:

" Not suffering from depression"...

This is from USA Today

Bild reported that on several occasions his training at Lufthansa's flight school in Phoenix, Ariz., was interrupted for mental health reasons after he had a "serious depressive episode." The German tabloid reported that Lubitz may even have undergone treatment after being what it called "demoted" several times during his training in the United States

Honored Contributor

Depression untreated can become psychosis.
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 MickD said: Well....we'll have to see what turns up.....I believe depression/anger/anxiety was atleast a secondary factor/diagnosis...one doesn't crash a plane into a mountain because of diabetes....

Pilots with diabetes that requires insulin cannot fly commercial airlines in the US. However they can get a medical certificate that would allow them to fly private and recreational operations.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Irsh - haha! I was just giving an example.....hahaha.okay non-insulin dependent diabetes....
Honored Contributor

Has it been speculated that one of his illnesses was diabetes?

Honored Contributor

Sydney - no. I was just saying that one doesn't crash into a mountain because of erectile dysfunction, etc....there's gotta be an emotional component.....
Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 MickD said: Sydney - no. I was just saying that one doesn't crash into a mountain because of erectile dysfunction, etc....there's gotta be an emotional component.....

Got it, the story is moving soo quickly I thought I missed it. I assume they are talking to his parents at this point, may be they can shed some light on this clearly disturbed individual.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 MickD said: Irsh - haha! I was just giving an example.....hahaha.okay non-insulin dependent diabetes....

Oh ok!! LOL!!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK