Respected Contributor

Re: George H.W. Bush has passed

It was a good life.
Respected Contributor

I disagreed with almost all of GHWB's politics, but there was never a doubt in my mind that he loved and revered this country and its people. May he RIP and may the memory of his kindness, humbleness and honesty live in the hearts of Americans now and forever.

Honored Contributor

GHWB

GHWB

GHWB

GHWB

GHWB

GHWB

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

‘I Love You, Too’: George Bush’s Final Days

An article in The New York Times by Peter Baker.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Boy, he was one handsome young man.  

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

‘I Love You, Too’: George Bush’s Final Days

An article in The New York Times by Peter Baker.

Evidently, "I love you, too" were President Bush's last words.

Honored Contributor

Fair winds and following seas, Sir. We have the watch.

Honored Contributor

HOUSTON — The U.S. Army Military District of Washington has released the official schedule of the state funeral for former President George H.W. Bush, who passed away on Friday at the age of 94.

STAGE ONE: Houston, Texas

Monday, December 3, 10:30 a.m. CST Departure Ceremony Ellington Field

** Former President Bush’s remains will depart Ellington Field, Houston, Texas and will be flown to Joint Base Andrews, Maryland. **

STAGE TWO: Washington, D.C.

Monday, December 3, 3:30 p.m. EST Arrival Ceremony Joint Base Andrews

Monday, December 3, 4:45 p.m. EST Arrival Ceremony U.S. Capitol

Monday, December 3, 5:00 p.m. EST Lie in State* U.S. Capitol

Wednesday, December 5, 10:00 a.m. EST Departure Ceremony U.S. Capitol

Wednesday, December 5, 11:00 a.m. EST Arrival and Funeral Washington National Cathedral

Wednesday, December 5, 12:30 p.m. EST Departure Ceremony Washington National Cathedral

Wednesday, December 5, 1:15 p.m. EST Departure Ceremony Joint Base Andrews

*Following a short service, former President Bush’s remains will lie in state in the Rotunda of the U.S. Capitol, Monday, December 3, at 7:30 p.m. until Wednesday, December 5, at 8:45 a.m. with a guard of honor in attendance.

** Former President Bush’s remains will depart Joint Base Andrews, Maryland and will be flown to Ellington Field, Houston, Texas. **

STAGE THREE: Houston, Spring, and College Station, Texas

Wednesday, December 5, 4:30 p.m. CST Arrival Ceremony Ellington Field

Wednesday December 5, 5:45 p.m. CST Arrival Ceremony St. Martin’s Episcopal Church

Wednesday December 5, 6:45 p.m. CST Lie in Repose* St. Martin’s Episcopal Church

Thursday, December 6, 10:00 a.m. CST Funeral Service St. Martin’s Episcopal Church

Thursday, December 6, 11:15 a.m. CST Departure Ceremony St. Martin’s Episcopal Church

Thursday, December 6, 12:30 p.m. CST Departure Ceremony Union Pacific Railroad Westfield Auto Facility

Thursday, December 6, 3:45 p.m. CST Arrival Ceremony Texas A&M University

Thursday, December 6, 4:15 p.m. CST Arrival and Interment George Bush Presidential Library & Museum

*Former President Bush’s remains will lie in repose at St. Martin’s Episcopal Church, Wednesday, December 5, at 6:45 p.m. until Thursday, December 6, at 6:00 a.m. with a guard of honor in attendance.

** Former President Bush’s remains will depart St. Martin’s Episcopal Church, Houston, and be transported by motorcade to Union Pacific Railroad Westfield Auto Facility, Spring, Texas. President Bush’s remains will then be transported by funeral car (train) to College Station, Texas. **

Trusted Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

Godspeed, Mr President.  You leave behind a legacy of a lifetime of service to the country you loved so much, in the military, in Congress, at the UN, as ambassador, as CIA Director, as Vice President and finally President of the United States.  You have now passed into eternity to be with your beloved wife, Barbara, and with your  daughter Robin, who was taken much too early.  Job Extremely Well Done, Mr. President.. 

President George H. W Bush 1924-2018.

Very well stated.

Do the math.
Respected Contributor

@just bee  thank you for this.

i am surprised that the people of Texas will have such a short period to pay respects once the President's casket returns to Houston from Washington, D.C.  he is beloved in Texas. so he will definitely feel the love.