Respected Contributor

If you like antique jewelry Gem Shopping Network is featurning jewelry from the Victorian Era, Art Deco, etc. right now. It will be only for a few hours. The history is very interesting and the jewelry is beautiful. 

They live stream if you don't get the channel. 

gemshopping dot com

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Gato, Thanks so much for the tip!

It is fascinating to hear the lore of how jewelry was made and worn in other times.  My favorite item so far is the oval Art Deco aquamarine ring--not that it would be wearable by me, but what an exquisite, deep but mild blue it is!  I've never seen an aqua quite like that one.  I had the sound off because I am doing a little work tonight, but I would switch it on to hear some of the descriptions. 

About an hour ago they were showing a lot of Victorian mourning jewelry, which I would not want to buy however beautifully made. It would make me think of the family losses that caused them to be made.

Everything I saw was of course totally out of my price range, but it is so much fun to look.

Respected Contributor

Youre welcome Burnsite! I'm enjoying the show as well. Window shopping of course but still very fun to look. That aqua was stunning. I also liked the gold pins. One looked like Athena wearing a helmet and was beautifully crafted. Yes, the Victorian mourning pieces were... interesting. I can see how the locks of hair could be very sentimental to some but it never appealed to me. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Re: Gem Shopping Network

[ Edited ]

The art deco Tiffany fancy yellow diamond ring is stunning. Only $850,000! 

Tiffany.jpg

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

I am a fan of Gem Shopping Network, and can comfortably recommend them.   I've bought several pieces from them, and have been happy with each.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Ratz!   I don'tget the channel and I had $850,000 to spend.

Respected Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

The art deco Tiffany fancy yellow diamond ring is stunning. Only $850,000! 

Tiffany.jpg

LOVE the diamond..........not fond of the rest of the ring...................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo