Respected Contributor

As expected, yes. When the dust settles, as it were, they will go back down. DH filled our gas tank just in case.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea if our gas has gone up in the Seattle area.  I fill my tank about once a month.  I can't even tell you at what price gas was last time I filled it.

Honored Contributor

Yes, that's probably true throughout the country.  And we haven't seen the highest prices yet.  It is what it is.  Gas prices won't go down until the refinaries and roads are back to normal or close to it and that will not be for a while.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to the suggestion from someone here, I filled up everything before land fall.

Now watching what is sitting off the coast.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I filled my tank on Aug 31. I got $ .90 off of a gallon with my bonus points earned at Giant Grocery store.  My points were going to expire at the end of Aug, so i was forced to use them or lose them.

Yes, our gas has gone up even our Gov't has allowed the gas reserves to be used in this emergency.  Someone will get rich.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I filled my tank on Aug 31. I got $ .90 off of a gallon with my bonus points earned at Giant Grocery store.  My points were going to expire at the end of Aug, so i was forced to use them or lose them.

Yes, our gas has gone up even our Gov't has allowed the gas reserves to be used in this emergency.  Someone will get rich.

I have $4.10 in gas points at Giant/Shell.  So $1.50 off the next two fillups and $1.10 off the third. 

With the Mastercard gift card deal this week, I'll probably get much more off.  Love those deals.

I believe that 15 refineries are off line now in the gulf because of the storm.  

That coupled with everyone from here to the Bering Straits filling up because of the hurricane is also pushing  the price up.

The only good news is, the price will go back down.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@DMM05 wrote:

Anyone having their gas prices jump? Here in PA. I went to get gas this morning and it jumped  twenty six cents since yesterday.

--------------------

Yes, ours has been rising. Doesn't PA have an incredibly high state gas tax as is?  I don't know if $3 a gallon is predicted, but it would not surprise me. Well, we are called United States so when one big state like TX suffers, the repercussions are widespread.

I think you are right Auntg, I am pretty sure PA has the highest gas tax. 

Honored Contributor

highest gas taxes......pennsylvania, washington, new york,  hawaii, california, connecticut, florida, north carolina, rhode island, nevada are the top ten.

via bankrate.com

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

We are at $2.70 a gallon here in Delaware (this is just my area only ) don't know if it is cheaper above the canal or not.

Respected Contributor

I could care less what gas goes up to.  That's why I purchase hybrid camrys all the time and this new hybrid camry I just recently purchased is getting almost 50 miles to the gallon.  I can't see ever buying a full gas powered vehicle ever again.