Honored Contributor

Get a Tesla. Woman Wink

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen prices go down by much yet, I spent $4.26 for regular gas. 

Valued Contributor

Northern VA at the local Costco it's $3.88 - it was $3.85 over weekend, but where the Costco is, it's too much trouble to try to get gas on the Weekend.

Now if you go 30 miles south of me it's $3.66 at the Costco.

Honored Contributor

In Reno, saw a sign today 5.03, a few days ago I  paid 4.95

Respected Contributor

4.19 western pa yesterday!

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Get a Tesla. Woman Wink

I heard the replacement battery for Tesla's are expensive.  Is the maintenance expensive?

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Get a Tesla. Woman Wink

I heard the replacement battery for Tesla's are expensive.  Is the maintenance expensive?

You trade it in before you need to replace the battery and/or before the warranty runs out.

From Motor 1:

"All new Teslas come with a 4-year/50,000 mile bumper to bumper Basic Vehicle Limited warranty. This warranty will cover most repairs during the covered time period, with only a few exclusions. 

Tesla Warranty Terms
Basic Vehicle4 years/50,000 miles
Supplemental Restraint System5 years/60,000 miles
Battery and Drive UnitVaries based on model
Parts, Body, & Paint Repair1 year/12,500 miles

Tesla’s Battery and Drive Units are covered by separate, more extensive warranties. They vary by model, with the premium Model S and Model X getting more miles of protection. The more budget-friendly Model 3 and Model Y are covered by shorter warranties.

Previously, Tesla had unlimited-mileage warranties for the battery and drive unit. Now, however, there are mileage limits.

• Model S/Model X Warranty: These models are covered by an 8-year/150,000-mile warranty, whichever comes first.
  • Model Y/Model 3 Short Range Warranty: The short-range variants of these models are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles.
  • Model Y/Model 3 Long Range Warranty: The long-range variants are covered for 8 years/120,000 miles.

In addition, Tesla guarantees 70 percent battery retention during the covered period. If battery retention drops below this level, Tesla will replace your battery. This was something new in 2020.

Tesla provides separate warranty coverage terms for certain other parts and conditions:

• Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Warranty: This covers repairs or replacements to correct defects in seatbelts and airbags for up to 5 years/60,000 miles.
  • Body Rust Limited Warranty: This covers rust perforation, which occurs when a hole is formed inside outwards due to rusting for up to 12 years/unlimited miles."
When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

Some in my neck of the woods are anywhere between 4.70-4.99.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the info on the Tesla.  I do like older cars I understand them.  Newer cars seem to be complicated to me.  I don't have to drive much.  I don't have to worry about filling my tank. I don't know how people do it, you would almost have to get a part time job.

Respected Contributor

$5.99 in Southern California for regular - I would love for it to be in the $4.00 range...

......You look like I need a drink.....