Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

We were out today and there were no stations with gas.

It ticks me off because the roads were filled with gas-guzzling vehicles; not to mention the ignorant greed of so many left others going without.  Filling your vehicle is one thing; but people were filling multiple gas cans, too.

We always have a full tank but we also do not have jobs to go to.  Hopefully this will end in a few days.

There was no need for this in my city. 

@Cakers3 @sidsmom

And what about for emergencies...ambulances, firetrucks etce etc.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

@sidsmom  I noticed on the Gas Buddy tracker that refueling is occurring more frequently. So distribution issues are easing somewhat. Interesting comment from the interview -- that another run on gas might occur as people fill up returning from their holiday travels. That makes sense...so, how to time my trip to the pump once I identify a station that has fuel...hmmm. Sunday or Monday I think? I'm conserving and staying parked as much as possible.

@LonestarBabs

The gas buddy aap is wrong.  My friend was trying to get to her stopmom whose house was damage down at the coast.and she went to the places gas buddy said but they had already run out......!!!!  Stations get a supply that would normally lasts weeks and its already gone!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@adelle38 wrote:

I don't accept blaming the media. People need to learn to use common sense. The media in my area certainly didn't create a panic.

@adelle38

The media gave wrong info and people believe anything and everything on social media these days without checking things out themselves...and others go along with the crowd.  Today common sense is dead along with personal responsibility

Trusted Contributor
  1. The day after the Eclipse gas was $4.00 a gallon in Stanley,Idaho.  Rip Off.
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt  Gas Buddy is only as accurate as people report/update it. It is very possible that a station shows "green" when in fact it's out, because someone has to update the status -- such as someone like your friend/relative who drove over there and saw that they had run out of fuel. That person would then get on the app and update the status so others could see the change. You'll see that often in fine print it will say "as of 1 hour ago, as of 38 minutes ago, etc." That was when the last update was made by someone - the gas stations do not do those updates, consumers/users of the app do.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

It ticks me off because the roads were filled with gas-guzzling vehicles; not to mention the ignorant greed of so many left others going without.  Filling your vehicle is one thing; but people were filling multiple gas cans, too.

We always have a full tank but we also do not have jobs to go to.  Hopefully this will end in a few days.

@Cakers3 @sidsmom

@Spurt  I believe public servant vehicles have their own private yards for gas.

I have seen police cars at gas stations but never getting gas-just coffee and such.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@catchersmom wrote:

@Cakers3 I get the feeling that it's not widely understood that as long as our gas usage had continued as normal, there was no shortage. Even with a 25% reduction* through that pipeline, we would have been "ok" as long as everyone kept their normal routines. It was when everyone was topping off their vehicles daily, filling extra cans, etc. that things went wonky.

I wish I could remember the reporter I was wathcing that did a piece on this subject Friday......he explained it so well, and so clearly.

*not sure if the percentage was 25 or not but that is the number I am remembering

@catchersmom  You are right.  Our local news said the same thing-of course the long week-end didn't help.

They kept saying on the news that the shortage was not true but nobody listened.

And folks coming home from work would see the lines and figure something was up without checking, adding even more cars in line.

I'm not sure of the % either.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Cakers3 @sidsmom

@Spurt  I believe public servant vehicles have their own private yards for gas.

I have seen police cars at gas stations but never getting gas-just coffee and such.

@Cakers3

Your right, they do but they could be impacted. Theres a fire station not too far from my sister's apartment and down the road is a gas station and the fire trucks do get gas there, we were even there when they fueled up. ....And an Austin based ambulance service, Acadian Ambulance Service of Texas sent extra fuel tanks to San Antonio. And Emergency service providers, companies and public transportation agencies that still had fuel were preparing for the worst, tapping fuel reserves and arranging backup gasoline supplies — just in case according to the Express/News.

Honored Contributor

Oh @Spurt you folks are in my thoughts and prayers all the time.  I so hope help and supplies are available to all that are in need as quickly as possible my friend!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh @Spurt you folks are in my thoughts and prayers all the time.  I so hope help and supplies are available to all that are in need as quickly as possible my friend!  Heart

@momtochloe

Thank you my friend for your words of kindness and prayers.........