Valued Contributor

just bought Frango Mints. This is the candy that Marshalls Fields made. Then when Macys bought Marshalls Fields they took over the Frango Mints. I am so glad that Garretts has the Frango Mints now. Can you imagine Garretts Popcorn with covered with Frango Mints. YUM  

Honored Contributor

@hovis wrote:

just bought Frango Mints. This is the candy that Marshalls Fields made. Then when Macys bought Marshalls Fields they took over the Frango Mints. I am so glad that Garretts has the Frango Mints now. Can you imagine Garretts Popcorn with covered with Frango Mints. YUM  

@hovis we had a Marshall Field's very close to our home growing up so I am very well and happily aquainted with Frango Mints as they are beyond yum!

As I got older I took the train downtown and was introduced to Garrett's popcorn at Union Station which was another yum and a more than occasional snack on the train home . . . thanks for the happy memories!

Honored Contributor

No Marshall Fields, no Franco Mints, no Garretts, any where near me, and I live close to the largest city in my state!  Smiley Sad

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

Surely you must have a Macy's near you....they bought out Marshall Field's!  Anyway, when you travel, there are many Macy's Stores located throughout the country.  Worth your while, to try!  

Respected Contributor

YUMMMM ....Frango mints 😀 are a happy childhood memory of mine !

Valued Contributor

Re: Garretts Popcorn

[ Edited ]

@hovis wrote:

I just checked out the Garretts website and Macy's will still carry Frango Mints. Some of my favorite memories of living in Chicago was going to the main Marshall Field store on State Street for Frango and a big caramel apple, then getting some hot fresh caramel and cheese popcorn at Garretts. Since I moved, Macy's is the only place to get Frangos at a reasonable price. 

Esteemed Contributor

Is Garrett popcorn the one in Chicago?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

Is Garrett popcorn the one in Chicago?

Yes, And I believe Frango is just Chicago too.  It was originally made at Marshall Fields and then when they were bought by Macy's - Macy's kept the Frango's manufacturing and the name remained.  With Garrett buying Frango now it will still be sold in Macy's thankfully.  I thought the same thing as the OP, the Garrett popcorn covered with Frango's will be INTENSE!!  I am sure we will be seeing that for sure in the future. 

Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@hovis wrote:

@hovis we had a Marshall Field's very close to our home growing up so I am very well and happily aquainted with Frango Mints as they are beyond yum!

As I got older I took the train downtown and was introduced to Garrett's popcorn at Union Station which was another yum and a more than occasional snack on the train home . . . thanks for the happy memories!

Same here. I always go down to State Street at least once to shop before Christmas and I buy the annual box of Frango mints. Then, if get to the station on time, I buy some popcorn at Garret's to eat on the train. Always a fun day.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

No Marshall Fields, no Franco Mints, no Garretts, any where near me, and I live close to the largest city in my state!  Smiley Sad

@Drythe

Go to the Garrett's Popcorn website and order online!