Honored Contributor

Re: Garage Sales! 🤦‍♀️

Yes, it's been a lot of work.  Yes, we're pooped.  But I have to say, it's been profitable and fun.  So many compliments on how nice our stuff was.  I'm so thankful that we were able to sell large pieces of Longaberger furniture and expanded sets of Longaberger pottery and Corelle. It's also been fun seeing people I haven't seen in a long, long time.  Our daughter's fourth grade teacher came by, my former dental hygienist, the local bank president's wife, to name a few.  Even a neighbor who I haven't seen in several years came by.  She didn't even recognize me. 

Tomorrow is the final day.  Anything that's left will be packed up and our friend has a location where it can be donated. I have no plans to have any more garage sales in the future but rather will try to be more mindful about collecting stuff.

Honored Contributor

So glad it's done. The garage looks so nice and orderly now. I've been in recovery mode since yesterday afternoon.  

Esteemed Contributor

My sisters and I would get together at Moms and have Yard Sales every August. We made good money and sold lots of our kiddos clothes in very good condition. People would remember and we had regulars. We loved it. 

DH and I would go and look for name brand power tools. DH would fix them and he would resale. I purchased a few shovels and hoes for my gardening. 

Valued Contributor

I went to a sale the other day, that was donations only. what you thought the item to

be worth, for a good cause raising money for children's bikes. 

Valued Contributor

Even though I had a gift shop...I always collected depression glass and older Fenton glass..Used to find some great pieces at yard sales.

When I get tired of some stuff I pack it up for the animal shelter thrift store.