Frequent Contributor

I need to vent my frustration.

One month ago, I had to put my beloved cat who was 15 years old down. He was sick and dying. It broke my heart, but I did what was best for him. I couldn't let him suffer, besides, he was ready to go. I had him ever since he was just a few weeks old.

Anyway, I bought a heart-shaped pendant, and I wanted to get my cat's name engraved on it. I took the pendant to a local jewelry store to get it engraved. That was on August 4th. I was told that it would take about a week. Okay, fine. No problem.

I stopped by last Tuesday to see if my pendant was ready. That would be the 23rd. I was told that it would take another day or two. Fine.

I stopped by this morning to see if it was ready.

I was told that it was in the machine, ready to be engraved, that it would be ready in 1 hour.

I stopped by 2 hours later, very frustrated.

My pendant still had not been engraved yet.

The engraver was on lunch, so I was told.

I kept my voice calm, but I told the man behind the counter that I had dropped off my pendant three weeks ago, and that I was told this morning that it would be ready in an hour, and that all I wanted was my dead cat's name engraved on it. I asked how much longer it would take. He couldn't give me an answer.

I gave them my phone number again, and as I left, I said, "I'll keep checking back."

In my mind I added, "Believe me, I'll keep checking back."

I'm surprised at how well I was able to keep my cool, while feeling so frustrated at this situation. It should NOT take three plus weeks to engrave seven letters on to a pendant!

This is a local business, and they do the engraving in-house!

Needless to say, I'll never go to them ever again to have any work done.

Thank-you for letting me vent.