Honored Contributor

Re: GRRRR so frustrated…Password changes😡😡😡

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

I'm really frustrated for the fact every retailer I want to purchase thru, I sign in & get message: Reset password before order can go thru🤬🤬🤬.  I follow the "link" only to have account locked

So, I'm trying to order from Wayfair for 2 hours -- first problem: need new password then the #$&* pictures were blocked.  How the heck can one order if can't see product...

finally, call Wayfair Support at the zero hour isn't right -- the site is powered thru Google.  I explain I don't use it but Safari...well, it's not compatable, wth!!!

I had my son place the order.  now, today I wanted to order from JCP, lands end and Macys ...same thing..but now locked out have to call IT support.  Forget it, I am not "jumping thru hoops","wasted hours on phone", etc.( Both my NEW passwords are not valid)

Now, the icing on the cake -- my CU has locked my account (tried to sign on to many times😡🙄).  I hadn't updated my PW as requested so they locked it now tomorrow I have to go there ...

I am so frustrated...google I'm not having much luck using🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I'm feeling better obviously because I'm on my soap box and my Covid test is negative😊😊😊

Thanks for letting me vent!!

PS: But someone ordered a HP Laptop on my "behalf" today using my CU bank card 😉🤦‍♀️and all I have to do is "click" the link,provide my payment info for "shipping" accurately...

Yeah right I'm going there right now🤬🤣🤣

@homedecor1,  When you encounter this kind of problem with multiple sites it's highly likely to be related to your device and software.   

I'm a long-time Apple fan, going back to the 1980s, but experience has taught me that Safari is not always the best choice.  It traditionally has far more problems than the other well-known browsers.   

You might've already done this, but be sure you have the most recent operating system and browser versions, and regularly clear out all cache/cookies/website data. 

If you're using an iPad or iPhone try a backup/sync to clear out old analytics/diagnostic data and use the "reset network settings" feature to resolve issues with internet activity. 

You might be reluctant to switch browsers, since you're familiar and comfy with Safari and its functions and features, but I think if you'd give one of the others a good try you'll probably be able to say goodbye to many of the online glitches you're encountering.

At any rate, I'm so glad you're feeling better and have my fingers crossed that you'll resolve all of these tech problems.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Safari and don't have that problem. Check your settings to see if something is blocking pictures or is not what it should be. Clear your cookies, history, cache. If that doesn't work, go to Apple.com and set up a call from their help/Service dept.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Neither Kohls, Macys , JCP would allow "guest" checkout...and I wasn't able to use good discount or coupons unless I "signed in".🤬

Then, I was bummed so drove over to Kohls today (any other mess🤦‍♀️).  Online you had better pricing & incentive additional $10 off +20%.  I saw the quilt I wanted on "close out"  for $29.99.

Went into store used both kiosk & kohls app to confirm price.

Got upto cashier the quilt was $99.  The clerk scanned it at this price but then said it was mismarked the sham was $29.99.

What....manager said item was not available in store therefore the system finds availability they have🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I'm standing there holding the darn thing...she said "  well we can't honor the price and we don't have it🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I had other things told her never mind I'm not buying anything & left.  Very poor  management decision  loss revenue...

@homedecor1 Do you remember the Month Python "Dead Parrot" skit?  If you don't go watch it.

Ah the combination of internet and stupid!  It'll get you every time. 

Honored Contributor

Bless you @dooBdoo.  This has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my adult life.  Believe me, I've read a lot of the Google Community Forum.  No help but I found a plethora of people as frustrated as I. 

It all started when I couldn't remember my Google password... hadn't had to sign in for years and it wasn't in my password manager.  People better get ready and get their Google accounts in order because I just read where they will soon block all accounts tied to Google which includes retail sites, maybe QVC.  They'll make you sign in and if you don't know your password, you're out of luck. I can't get into Discovery+ or YouTube TV, for instance.  What about banking or your mail order pharmacy?  Everyone needs a primary and a back-up accountYou MUST KNOW YOUR Passwords.  I can't get my list of passwords because they're in Google Password Manager which I'll never be able to access. 

My problem now is with my Gmail account.  It's locked under my old, unusable address.  How do I add the two new ones I've established?  Can't find an answer anywhere. 

I shudder to think of all the places I'll have to change my email they have on file! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624,

My User ID and password for my Google account is the same for my Gmail account, they're one and the same so yours should be, too.

If I understand correctly you want to link your newly-created email accounts to your old Gmail account but you cannot log in to your old Gmail account?

I don't know a way to do that, because if you could do so anyone who just knew your email address would be able to link to it, and obviously that wouldn't be good.  
You need to regain access to your old Gmail account credentials, first, which will let you into your other Google accounts.

Do you still have your iPad(s)?  

If so, go to "Settings"

then go to "Passwords"

and see if you saved your Google/Gmail log in auto fill info  there (it displays your saved passwords).

If you use another mobile device (tablet or phone) other than Apple, check to see if that operating system, or the browser, has a similar feature allowing you to see saved passwords.

There's also Apple's Keychain password manager -- you might have saved your passwords there.

If all else fails, I'd consider checking to see if I could open a Google Workspace account (as a "business") to have access to expanded customer support and actual contact with the support staff.  
I am so sorry this has happened.  

You're so right, it's essential that we have our recovery systems established for any and all important email accounts.  

My heart goes out to you ❤️, @Kachina624  -- we rely on these accounts and when they're suddenly closed off to us it can be a nightmare.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Don't jinx me!

Yahoo wanted me to enter my password signing on for my email.  I do have it written down and did double check it before I entered it.  They also have my cell number, so they can send me a text for a code to help me get in.  But they ask for another backup email account.  I do have one w/Comcast, but the name of it and password is at a house that's 500 miles away!  I'm so scared something will happen to my email on Yahoo.  I LOVE my email address.  People always comment on it and say how lucky I am it's just words and no numbers.  I hope I always have it.  It means something special to me.  But I digressed, didn't I?  I need to get that backup email to them somehow---quickly!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Don't jinx me!

Yahoo wanted me to enter my password signing on for my email.  I do have it written down and did double check it before I entered it.  They also have my cell number, so they can send me a text for a code to help me get in.  But they ask for another backup email account.  I do have one w/Comcast, but the name of it and password is at a house that's 500 miles away!  I'm so scared something will happen to my email on Yahoo.  I LOVE my email address.  People always comment on it and say how lucky I am it's just words and no numbers.  I hope I always have it.  It means something special to me.  But I digressed, didn't I?  I need to get that backup email to them somehow---quickly!

@Lucky Charm, Your device(s) and browser(s) save the login info if you use "auto fill."  Try looking around in those settings and apps to see if they will display a saved Comcast password.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Don't jinx me!

@Lucky Charm, Your device(s) and browser(s) save the login info if you use "auto fill."  Try looking around in those settings and apps to see if they will display a saved Comcast password.

Thanks @dooBdoo , but I thought it was never good to save a password.  Whenever I get that pop up box in the right hand corner, I alway say 'Never'.

I did something yesterday (and I shouldn't have) with McAffe, asking about cookies.  I don't know what I hit, but websites came up differently there for a while. 

When I signed on to here for an example, it looked like this:

qvc

forums

blogs

customer care

Well, that's not exactly what it read, but it was a list and staggered.  I hit refresh and everything went back to normal.

Truth be told, I don't know what cookies are.  Really I don't.  And before I'm scolded, we don't have anything other than my email, qvc, and other shopping sites on this computer, it's mine and solely mine.

Folders, pics, tax junk is all on my husband's computer.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

My son is a regional for Apple he will assist his dad when he comes.

(My spouse is extremely frustrated😉🙄🤬).  

Thank you for always coming to our rescue😉😉😉

I again tried today -- forget it...I give up.

Even my Ipad is wonky...lol

homedecor1

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 Think backwards in time. Did you always use Google Password Manager?

Was there another place you kept your passwords before you started using GPM?

No answer needed from you to me on this. Im just trying to help you think where else you might have put this information.