Honored Contributor

GRRRR so frustrated…Password changes😡😡😡

[ Edited ]

I'm really frustrated for the fact every retailer I want to purchase thru, I sign in & get message: Reset password before order can go thru🤬🤬🤬.  I follow the "link" only to have account locked

So, I'm trying to order from Wayfair for 2 hours -- first problem: need new password then the #$&* pictures were blocked.  How the heck can one order if can't see product...

finally, call Wayfair Support at the zero hour isn't right -- the site is powered thru Google.  I explain I don't use it but Safari...well, it's not compatable, wth!!!

I had my son place the order.  now, today I wanted to order from JCP, lands end and Macys ...same thing..but now locked out have to call IT support.  Forget it, I am not "jumping thru hoops","wasted hours on phone", etc.( Both my NEW passwords are not valid)

Now, the icing on the cake -- my CU has locked my account (tried to sign on to many times😡🙄).  I hadn't updated my PW as requested so they locked it now tomorrow I have to go there ...

I am so frustrated...google I'm not having much luck using🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I'm feeling better obviously because I'm on my soap box and my Covid test is negative😊😊😊

Thanks for letting me vent!!

PS: But someone ordered a HP Laptop on my "behalf" today using my CU bank card 😉🤦‍♀️and all I have to do is "click" the link,provide my payment info for "shipping" accurately...

Yeah right I'm going there right now🤬🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

Re: GRRRR so frustrated…Password changes😡😡😡

When this happens to me I just order as a guest.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I hear you.  Recently, my retirement fund had what was an error, so I called.  The " gentleman" tried to spin the error as my iPad was not reading the numbers properly.  Huh? He was wrong.  When I tried to go back to my account, I got a " please change password," which I was unable to do.  I realize the website is trying to maintain security, but I am tired of Safari, an error by me, or my lack of understanding of how the site works to be identified as a cause of a website problem.  In fact,I am beginning to think that unqualified folks running some sites and answering phones and emails are the problem. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1    Don't get me started on Google and email.  I've been struggling with it for almost a week.  There's no way to talk to anyone at Google and neither their verification system or online advice works.  So what to do?  I've given myself two new email addresses but can't figure out how to add them to my existing account so I neither get or send any email.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@homedecor1    Don't get me started on Google and email.  I've been struggling with it for almost a week.  There's no way to talk to anyone at Google and neither their verification system or online advice works.  So what to do?  I've given myself two new email addresses but can't figure out how to add them to my existing account so I neither get or send any email.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

@dooBdoo  can probably help @Kachina624 .

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   I wish she'd miraculously appear.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

So much for a smooth Cyber Week! So sorry for those trying to make purchases or get into accounts only to get even more frustrated. One would think in this day and age these things could be avoided. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I don't run into these problems. 

Honored Contributor

I hate anything Google.  It is the most obtuse, obnoxious, obstinate, software devil's-spawn, cyber-kludge around.  

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Neither Kohls, Macys , JCP would allow "guest" checkout...and I wasn't able to use good discount or coupons unless I "signed in".🤬

Then, I was bummed so drove over to Kohls today (any other mess🤦‍♀️).  Online you had better pricing & incentive additional $10 off +20%.  I saw the quilt I wanted on "close out"  for $29.99.

Went into store used both kiosk & kohls app to confirm price.

Got upto cashier the quilt was $99.  The clerk scanned it at this price but then said it was mismarked the sham was $29.99.

What....manager said item was not available in store therefore the system finds availability they have🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I'm standing there holding the darn thing...she said "  well we can't honor the price and we don't have it🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

I had other things told her never mind I'm not buying anything & left.  Very poor  management decision  loss revenue...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@dooBdoo  can probably help @Kachina624 .

Hi, @San Antonio Gal and @Kachina624!😊

I found the other thread and read through it quickly.   My main email account is Gmail, so I've had to navigate a number of kinks and glitches along the way and I'd be glad to try and help.

@Kachina624, I might not be completely understanding, but if you cannot access your usual Gmail account at all, you won't be able to use other accounts to link or use as recovery accounts.  You'll need to be able to login to the existing account before you can make changes related to it, because they would need to be sure someone else wasn't trying to nefariously attach their accounts to yours.  

A couple of thoughts.   

-- Give the support community forums a try -- they don't offer "official" direct support there, but some of the "product experts" sometimes can provide tips that will help.

Just look up "Gmail Help Community" or copy and paste this URL:

support.google.com/mail/community

-- The free version of Gmail has been as notorious for having little or no customer support as Facebook -- dismal.

However, they do offer actual direct support via their paid version called Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), you can sign up for a free trial and there are different levels of prices and features (starts at $6 a month).

To see a description of what they offer, look up Google Workspace or copy and paste this URL:

workspace.google.com/pricing.html

I hope this helps!  Let us know how you're doing.   I know how frustrating this can be.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova