Occasional Contributor

GOSSIP

1. What is your personal definition of "gossip"?

2. Is gossiping acceptable to you?

3. Is it gossiping if someone uses email or private chat rooms to talk about other people?

4. Is it gossip when we talk about rumors etc. about celebrities?

5. If you follow teachings of Bible scriptures what do you think they tell us about gossip? (We have diverse beliefs so please my apology, I don't mean offense by this, just things on my mind.)

6. What should we tell our children about gossip?

I was severely painfully hurt by gossip in my work place and hoping to get unbiased ideas here from you nice ladies. If it's too many questions if you want to answer with your thoughts and feelings on any of my questions. Thanks and blessings.

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for your pain. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I say this in respect to that: Perhaps rather than running surveys which can only render you with relative answers, according to each individual's beliefs ... while continuing to focus on your injuries; I would instead be searching for healing of that pain. Even if it means finding another job, relocating or avoiding certain places and people until which time you can find it in your heart to forgive those who have trespassed against you. As Believers (according to your sig) we are commanded to do so, in order that our own sins be forgiven. We know that this is the only path to peace for us, despite how the cruelty of others will challenge us. I will pray for your peace and the end to your heartache.

Super Contributor

I learned decades ago to rise above the gossip. Being a beautiful, highly skilled young woman made me an easy target for the old biddies when I hired into a firm in 1974 where the average female employee was 50 y/o and dressing like it was 1952.

Was even told by HR rep to invite everyone to my house but not to use the good china, crystal and silver, so the old gals would feel better about themselves.

Never happened. Like Popeye - I yam what I yam, and that's all that I yam.