Honored Contributor

Re: ~GOOD NEWS! Full Functionality for iPads/iPhones~

[ Edited ]

Hearts:   I don't see how to 'heart' someone.  When logged out, I SEE them, but to log in & request one...don't know where to click.

Inserting Code:  it's the little i above...what does that mean?

Yellow circle:   What is that?  It directs to a box...for what? It's the spoiler function. 

Honored Contributor

sidsmom wrote:

Hearts:   I don't see how to 'heart' someone.  When logged out, I SEE them, but to log in & request one...don't know where to click.

Inserting Code:  it's the little i above...what does that mean?

Yellow circle:   What is that?  It directs to a box...for what? It's the spoiler function. 

@sidsmom,

To see and use the heart feature, check your settings.  Under "Preferences," "Preference Options," "Hearts Settings," be sure "Hide Hearts buttons and counts" is unchecked.

I haven't tried out the "Insert Code" feature yet, so my answer is "I don't know."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Himi lover wrote:

newziesuzie wrote:

Where are posters getting the better emoties?

And how do you add them?

They are on our iPads.  😁☺️😩😍😆😳😝😜,  there are emojis too.  👱🏻👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👻💩

🐮🐂🐃🐒🐙🐳

Just a sample.

That's right!  Also, we can copy them from various websites and paste them here.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I KNEW I could count on dbd!!    Thanks, dear!!! 

ETA:  one more question.   I read your reply, clicked on the red REPLY in your posts, but it didn't 'quote' when I entered my message.....am I doing something wrong?

Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

Where are posters getting the better emoties?

And how do you add them?

They are on our iPads.  😁☺️😩😍😆😳😝😜,  there are emojis too.  👱🏻👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👻💩

🐮🐂🐃🐒🐙🐳

Just a sample.

That's right!  Also, we can copy them from various websites and paste them here.

Ahhh, I didn't know that you could c/p from other places.  That's a good idea.  Now that the iPad is up, I guess we can copy now. Thx, dBd 😉

Honored Contributor

sidsmom wrote:

I KNEW I could count on dbd!!    Thanks, dear!!! 

You're welcome!  I know some stuff, and I don't know some other stuff!

Honored Contributor

One more question about replying.  I click on REPLY within your message, but it's not 'quoting' you.   Help?! TIA

Honored Contributor

sidsmom wrote:

One more question about replying.  I click on REPLY within your message, but it's not 'quoting' you.   Help?! TIA

You need to click on the word "QUOTE" (above top right of reply box).  Then you can add your response above or below the quoted text.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

You need to click on the word "QUOTE" (above top right of reply box).  Then you can add your response above or below the quoted text.

Ahhhh.....gee, woulda thought REPLY would do it.   Little clunky, but I'm on board!   Thanks, again, dbd!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thank you OVC because I use my iPad vs. desktop about 90% of the time. I was happy to be able to upload a picture. 😄👏

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost