Esteemed Contributor
On 2/18/2015 Krimpette said:

I have to say that I don't blame Amy for those feelings. She's much more qualified as a serious journalist. Let Lara stick to entertainment. JMHO.

Totally agree!! GMA went downhill when they hired Lara for all that Hollywood poop.

Respected Contributor
On 2/18/2015 hulagirl said:

I have to say that I don't blame Amy for those feelings. She's much more qualified as a serious journalist. Let Lara stick to entertainment. JMHO.

Obviously, management thought Lara was who they wanted.........not her fault and Amy shouldn't take it out on her. You can not like the decision, but it isn't the person's fault if they accepted the promotion......and apparently, she treated Lara less than respectful.

I have never seen Amy being disrespectful of Lara (who I like anywhere other than GMA). I think sometimes this buzz is just for ratings where people will tune in to see a "duel" over rights of positions.

Respected Contributor
On 2/18/2015 Hoovermom said:

Obviously, management thought Lara was who they wanted.........not her fault and Amy shouldn't take it out on her. You can not like the decision, but it isn't the person's fault if they accepted the promotion......and apparently, she treated Lara less than respectful.

I have never seen Amy being disrespectful of Lara (who I like anywhere other than GMA). I think sometimes this buzz is just for ratings where people will tune in to see a "duel" over rights of positions.

Oh, f.g.s., you're not going to see her anything but gracious to Lara ON THE AIR......this was supposedly well-known behind the scenes.....

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, even Matt Lauer pretended he could tolerate Ann Curry when the camera was on them.

Honored Contributor

I've read every post and realize we all have our personal preferences ....

HOWEVER .....

No one here seems to have considered that Amy Robach might be VERY difficult to get along with, and the producers don't want to give top billing to difficult personalities. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Just sayin ... {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor
On 2/18/2015 Hoovermom said:

Oh, f.g.s., you're not going to see her anything but gracious to Lara ON THE AIR......this was supposedly well-known behind the scenes.....

Did you see it? Oh, f.g.s. we all know it happened???????

Contributor

When Lara Spencer's contract was renewed she negotiated to be promoted to co-anchor. That was the stipulation. ABC did not want to lose her because their GMA ratings were high and Josh and the weather guy had just left. Lara had seniority on the show over Amy who was just hired at the time Josh left.

Honored Contributor
On 2/19/2015 Addison2 said:

When Lara Spencer's contract was renewed she negotiated to be promoted to co-anchor. That was the stipulation. ABC did not want to lose her because their GMA ratings were high and Josh and the weather guy had just left. Lara had seniority on the show over Amy who was just hired at the time Josh left.

Now, that makes sense ... plus the fact that George and Robin have been doing most of the news stories .... to get a third news person for top billing seems rather redundant. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}