Honored Contributor

Yikes !

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Another unforgettable experience I've had happened when I was driving home from work.  The drive home was only about 20 minutes at most. When I got in my car,I had the clear distinct feeling of someone sitting in the passenger seat.  As I drove home I kept glancing over at the seat it was so so strong. About half way home the feeling left,completely gone.   Very odd,never happened again. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I sold antiques for years, in three Antique Malls and on-line and have been up to my elbows sorting through old stuff , often in old homes..... but once in awhile I'd get "a feeling" from something. This is nothing new to me, I sometimes "sense" or "feel" quite a few things, including when we were looking for houses.

The town we live in was established around 1840 and there's a lot of history here.  We were shown some homes which were incredibly old and one in particular had cold patches, especially going up the stairs.  That was freaky and I didn't like it but when we were encouraged to go down in the basement (hardrock, no bricks, dirt floor) I wouldn't go and told the Realtor, DH decided he didn't need to see the basement either and the Realtor actually told me that she has NEVER gone down into this basement... we left and needless to say, no sale, LOL!

DH and I were out on Sat morning beating the bushes for antiques and I saw at a Garage Sale from a distance a black baby carriage with a parasol attached!  DH stopped the car and I leaped out practically running to see this item, knowing if the price was right I'd buy it..... got within about 10 feet or so of it and felt a huge wave of despair, sadness...and I knew instinctively NOT to buy the carriage . I stopped cold and walked back to the car..... unbelievable to me that the feeling was so strong.

At one of the Antique Malls was a "singing cabinet"....  Late in the afternoon or during the evening if we were working late it started to make an off and on humming sound, ligntly like music!  The science prone in me thought it was most likely atmospheric pressure (humidity or something) that made the wood shrink and expand and maybe that was it.  The owner of the cabinet disclosed this aspect and a lady bought the cabinet as she just didn't believe it.  She got it home, loved it and yes, she said it made the most unusual noises at night, like humming.....  She loved it and kept it but man that thing was weird.  BTW, we lived in San Diego, a dry climate most of the time.

I've never actually seen anything paranormal, but right after my parents passed away, I felt someone touching me on my hand/arm when I was watching television! Miss you Mama!  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

None have happened to me, personally, but these are links to stories about a Georgia city about 10 miles south of where we live:

http://georgiamysteries.blogspot.com/2009/02/dickson-family.html

http://georgiamysteries.blogspot.com/2008/08/mcdonough-train-wreck-might-be.html

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Nice story, but, they shouldn't let people comment in there. As usual a fight broke out. Don't know why people have to always cause a big stink.

Thanks Panda!

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  I didn't realize that about the comments.  Yikes!  I agree people need to get along.  I decided to post the links because I would be typing all night to tell the two stories, myself!  LOL

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Esteemed Contributor

When I was in HS my 9 yr old cousin died.  I would listen to the FM radio at night, laying in bed.  Every time I thought his name the radio would go to static.  It happened for months.  I finally said to him, it's time for us to stop playing, he should go on (to heaven)  The radio never went to static any more when I thought his name. 

Honored Contributor

not ghost story, just , kind of a weird thing. I hate going to dentist because in Tx. they take your blood pressure and they always want it perfect. Told dentist not gonna happen nothing I can do about it. Bring cuff from home to show them it's not high at home just when I go to Dr or Dentist.  Anyway,

one of my fav singers is Richie Valens (La Bamba and Donna) I was in the chair and on their radio came on 'Donna' like suppose to be a calming thing

Like a sign or something. LOL

Honored Contributor

I was told this past Friday by my grand daughter that her school is haunted by 2 ghosts. One is a little girl the other by a janitor.   I am not sure why or what happened to these 2 people why they are haunting this school.

The school was built in 1912 and still being used. The school has been refurburished.

I did ask my DD about this she said she has been told  by locals that the stories are true. 

I am not sure if this is true or not, but my grand daughter says strange things happen in all the classrooms all the time.

Trusted Contributor

I told this story last year, but I'll repeat it here.  When my sister was in college, she lived in the furnished basement in my grandparent's house. She started complaining that she was hearing the whispers of multiple voices which would wake her up in the middle of the night. She claimed it sounded like a crowd of people whispering, but she could never understand what they were saying. My family was very concerned that this was a sign of mental illness. About a week after it started happening, she left to go on vacation with her friends for the Fourth of July. I often spent the night at my grandparent's house in one of the upstairs bedrooms. They had more family visiting for the Fourth, so I was asked to stay in my sister's bedroom in the basement to accommodate the other guests. The evening of the Fourth, I awoke in the middle of the night. Since it was the basement, and the bedroom door was closed, it was pitch black. There were no windows. At first I thought I was dreaming, but soon realized I was wide awake. It sounded like something was happening in the next room. It was like people were whispering, sort of like how you'd imagine the sounds coming out of a room you were about to enter where people would jump out and scream, "Surprise! Happy Birthday!" It was like they were hushing each other. Suddenly, the whispering stopped altogether, and it was completely silent. About five seconds passed, and in the silence I hear, clear as day, a single, loud whisper say, "Wait, that's not her."