Honored Contributor

GENERAL INFO REGARDING SHIPPING

I know that there are some strong opinions regarding shipping costs both coming and going and as someone who ships every day (I sell on eBay) let me just share that postal rates have gone up again.  I didn't see or hear any fanfare regarding this, just suddenly saw a spike in my own shipping costs.  Apparently USPS raised their rates in January (this month).

http://www.stamps.com/usps/postage-rate-increase/

UPS raised their rates too!!  On Dec 28, 2015.

http://rates.ups.com/

I realize that QVC probably gets a bulk discount... just wanting to inform you all that shipping seems to go up ALL the time anymore...... Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: GENERAL INFO REGARDING SHIPPING

THANKS!!!!!   

Honored Contributor

@Q4u  I posted a notice about the new postal rates a couple weeks ago.   It was pretty much ignored so I assumed nobody cares. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Q4u  I posted a notice about the new postal rates a couple weeks ago.   It was pretty much ignored so I assumed nobody cares. 

I didn't see it, sorry about that.... I just figured that the group that posts here are always complaining about the shipping costs from QVC and thought they'd appreciate being informed.... but if you were ignored (and I will probably be for the most part) .... then you're right, they don't care ....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

No question rates on packages have gone up.  I had received a tiny package from NY (2.54 cost to a bulk mailer) and I returned something of slightly less size and weight.  My cost was 3 something.

I bought stamps at the same time -  no increase for those.

Honored Contributor

there were a couple of threads across the boards noting the increases a few months ago so it was no surprise to me to notice the shipping rates creeping up even BEFORE the postal increases were put into place.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein