Valued Contributor

Re: Funny memories of QVC or HSN

@shoekitty

Remember when Jeff and Judy got married?  Shortest marriage on record!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@coco14 

Omgg, yes I do. No internet , cell phones with social media on those days.  We just didn't know what happened. One day she was sporting an engagement ring, people went nuts.  So live on TV  she said, "I'd like to introduce you to my fiancé'". And out walked Jeffrey!  You could have knocked me over.  No one to call, no instagram to check, nothing.   Nothing at all.  Then she shared a couple wedding photos., and now went by JudyCrowel-Hewson   About a week later, no wedding ring, and she was introduced as Judy Crowell   What?   Not a word.  I don't know anyone who watchedqvc at the time.  It was horrible wanting to know what was up.  I am not usually interested in this stuff.  But, OMG.... this was intriguing.   Then she took a few days.  I read later on Kathy Levine's book callers were instructed not to mention the marriage.  One day a viewer congratulated he,r and Judy just kind of flew off.  She said something to the effect, ". Okay, I am going to just say it,  Jeff and I have separated". She went on with program. That was it.  All we got. 
Years later Kathy's  book came out, most people just bought it to find out what happened. Kathy,mentioned in the book promo ontv,the Jeff/Judy relationship would be addressed.  The book was a good read, but it was the first thing  I went to.  What a story, and what a rat he was.Loony tune.  

Honored Contributor

Tootie Ramsey was on a home shopping network?   

I don't remember much anymore, but one thing I recall that was pretty funny was Rick Dohmeier and Dave King in a hallway, in lederhosen dancing.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt. Tootie was a horn they blew --- toot toot! 🙄 it was really dumb.

I liked the Warner Bros merchandise shows that David V and Jill Bauer used to do together, esp when they did the Wizard of Oz merchandise (I bought some). They both loved the merchandise and had a lot of fun doing the shows.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac 

The Kat Sack cat toy and the doll are my Mike Rowe favorites....

<iframe width="400" height="225" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rChjMRfi40c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and I didnt even watch QVC back then, but someone shared it and even had a show making fun of his QVC days in which he re-presented some of the products and the money went to charity....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Back in the day Steve Bryant would "Jam in the Kitchen" perfoming acoustic music.  It wa lively and different.  QVC has lost its "edge".  They used to be more spontaneous.  The older hosts were allowed to be more creative I feel.

Super Contributor

Remember the 50 in tour. Mary Beth's mother was on stage outside with Mary Beth. Jane used to complain that her husband forgot Valentine's day so she buys her own gifts. Didn't HSN start with a high price and finally end the presentation with the final price. Remember Steve Cheney. Nice guy. Pat Dimentry used to wear her hair in a beautiful curled bun.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When Judy and Jeffrey were getting married Kathy gave them a pig. Then after the split Jeffrey walked on the set during Kathy's presentation and handed her a canned ham. He commented this was the pig.

And the time Kathy forgot her hair piece and did her shows without it. Classy Lady.

Or the time Steve was selling something and he actually stopped and said are we really going to sell this thing. He had a low opinion of the item.

When on New Years Eve Pat's husband came on set and they announced she was pregnant.

Respected Contributor

Two of the funniest I remember....Joan and Kathy and Joan's little dog Butch. Butch wandered on to the set and "watered" the coffee table leg in front of the gals.....tooo funny! Just imagine their reaction. Also when Kenneth J Lane came zooming on to the set in a cardboard Rolls Royce (Jane hosting and squeeling) and the door fell off.He stepped out and kooly quipped "They don't make Rolls like they use to". Back in the day Q was FUN!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Two of the funniest I remember....Joan and Kathy and Joan's little dog Butch. Butch wandered on to the set and "watered" the coffee table leg in front of the gals.....tooo funny! Just imagine their reaction. Also when Kenneth J Lane came zooming on to the set in a cardboard Rolls Royce (Jane hosting and squeeling) and the door fell off.He stepped out and kooly quipped "They don't make Rolls like they use to". Back in the day Q was FUN!

Shoekitty said @silkyk 

@oh yes, Kenneth Lane was wonderful.  I enjoyed him.  All time fun was always Joan and Kathy.  Joan first had a dog Spike that came  he just ran all over during the segment.  One time he took a dump right in front of God, and everyone, center stage,   Lol  so funny.  Joan got up to clean up   Lol