Honored Contributor

We've been tracking it! The peak time for us was around 7 - 7:30 this evening. A local site said it would be beautiful 3 days before and after. It has looked great!

Just for fun, according to EarthSky:

The origin of the Harvest Moon is the Native Americans, who looked to the moon as a sign it was time to harvest crops. In the days before tractor lights the moon illuminated the fields at night to help farmers gather their crops when the air was crisp and the sun had set. The Harvest Moon usually takes on an orange hue as it rises, because when you look at it before it is high in the sky, you are looking through a greater thickness of Earth's atmosphere. 

Enjoy! 🌝 

Honored Contributor

Nothing special here where I live other than it's a full moon.  

Respected Contributor

I will always remember moving here and seeing something glowing behind the mountains, not knowing it was the full moon about to rise. Nothing else like it 🌕.

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

I will always remember moving here and seeing something glowing behind the mountains, not knowing it was the full moon about to rise. Nothing else like it 🌕.

It looks like a huge flashlight beam on the ocean at night.  

Honored Contributor

It was so bright and had a blue color around it. At least that's what I saw.

Honored Contributor

🎵 No moon at all

Up above,

This is nothing like you told us of🎵 

It's an old song but in this case it's true. I saw no moon last night or the night before. I think the sky was clear. Either that or I got gypped.