Honored Contributor

This happens to me and it really bothers me!

So, I often send my daughter things I see that she might like.  

In this case it was the aluminum pan David just had on his show.  I order everything for ME automatically, so there's no wait.

However, to have it sent to her I need to talk to a human.  Once again, I was put on hold almost from the beginning of the presentation until David said, "Sold Out".

I know it doesn't do any good, but it makes me feel better to call customer service and ask them to PLEASE hire more phone answerers (my made-up word) at least during his shows.

Why can't QVC do that?  I don't understand....OK, I do understand why....but it still frustrates me....

Perhaps if more people (who experience this) call customer service and complain something will change.  

In my opinion, I think people don't let higher ups understand their frustration.  They complain to the poor people who answer the phones.  It's that way with everything.  It's the people who come in contact with the public who get the wrath of the public when it's the (what I call CHIEF's) who never hear about the problem.

I try to not take my frustration out on those who are doing their job.  I suggest other's do the same.....unless perhaps I'm the ONLY one who experiences this problem?  Maybe that's the case.

However, I think it's that people don't bother to complain to those who could possibly fix whatever the problem is.

Honored Contributor

Re: Frustration:

[ Edited ]

Those pans are every where. Bed and Bath & Beyond has them 

Try to get one with the USA brand on it. They're more expensive, but, quality is just about on the same par with King Arthur products. Use your 20% off coupon, too.

Big jelly roll pans you can use for cookies, also. USA makes a big one at BEd and bath

Respected Contributor

But you don't have to speak to anyone by phone to have something sent to your daughter or to anyone else. You simply add their name and address at the point in the order screen where it solicits the send-to info and have it sent there. I added a relative's data just now to see if it worked, and it did.

I do not do "speed buy," so I see those screens that allow you to input options. 

I seriously doubt QVC will add more people to handle orders for products that wind up selling out, simply because they don't have to. What they need is more stock, not more staff. 

But I would keep an eye on the item because what's likely to happen is people who thought they were going to buy it and send a check decide not to, and that frees up stock to order. I've lucked into more than one buy because I was waiting for that moment to pounce and sure enough, the remorse kicked in and stock returned online. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck. Your daughter is very lucky to have a mother who keeps her top of mind. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

Are you saying that the QVC app for phone or tablet does not have a mail to/bill to option?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66Are you sure you can't do it yourself using the .com?  Looks to me as if you could.  Hope someone who has done it recently chimes in here.

Super Contributor

I think a lot of people use their phone or laptop  these days.  I remember the days of calling QVC.  It is so easy and so  much faster... it  is easy to learn.   I  don't watch  much ,  I just check the computer and watch the video. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

They want people to order online.

I never call in, I just ordered the braising pan online, it just takes a minute, no waiting, no dropped calls, and QVC saves money, which is what they want.

Super Contributor

yes, when using your computer, you can ship it to where ever you want, there is a section  where you can fill out  the name address to the person you want to ship it to...   I have my daughters addresses there and  you can click to add a new address

Honored Contributor

@SharkEAfter I ordered here, I checked the Walmart site -  didn't see the same size and shape though I did see many, many different configurations and sets, too.  Plenty of choices - especially for those who want matched sets or larger items.

Curiosity question -  I noticed some (all??) the copper chef at Walmart was coming from a sub-vendor.  Is Walmart better than Amazon is at dealing with their vendors?  I won't ever order anything from Amazon that I know comes from a different seller.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

.....unless perhaps I'm the ONLY one who experiences this problem?  Maybe that's the case.

Yes.

Yes it is the case.