Respected Contributor

Re: Friend turned MK representative-not the same.

If she was someone in my dance class and she was persistent, I might have to be rude.  With a neighbor, however, I would just employ the "broken record" technique, but in order for this technique to be successful, you have to stick to the 5-word script ("I'm sorry, I'm not interested") at all times and not allow the solicitor to engage you in further conversation.

Regular Contributor

Her first meeting was last night so I can't wait to see what she will do next. LOL.  From reading your responses I am sure they got her all charged up and ready to again.  I am going to stay strong.  It's funny though because she started bringing God/religion into her sales speech, so did her director, ie. He put us together for a reason...blah blah blah.

And she is all of a sudden doing things out of character, i.e. wanting to be out and about more, hearing us in the garage and she comes on over to see who is out there and make sure everything is ok, and a few other things.  These are not things she would normally do let alone do every single day.  And as one poster said all of her actions are because she's being directed to do them.  Sad.

I really thought she was smarter than this.  I am disappointed.

Honored Contributor

Mima - The MK 'facial' thing, there wasn't actually any medical-type procedure done.  At least that was my experience.  It was just a procedure of using several of their icky products on your face.  IIRC, there were also some of their (equally icky!) cosmetics there to put on your make up after you had your facial thing.

Obviously, it's a thing to coax people to use their products and I imagine they hope/expect that people will enjoy the products and then become a customer.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

As WendyWilliams would say "Use your pinky finger" and tell her you don't appreciate being pressured by her sales tactics and that you miss her as a FRIEND. 

@hoosieroriginal

I didn't realize WW was still on the air, but what does "Use your pinky finger" supposed to mean?   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nothing would turn me off faster than for someone to inject religion into such a conversation.

May be time to install a huge privacy fence.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

As WendyWilliams would say "Use your pinky finger" and tell her you don't appreciate being pressured by her sales tactics and that you miss her as a FRIEND. 

@hoosieroriginal

I didn't realize WW was still on the air, but what does "Use your pinky finger" supposed to mean?  

@Tinkrbl44 - I think she means get right up in their face and tell them how you feel.  Don't sugar coat it - be blunt. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I had an acquaintance sell me some MK products back in the 90s. I hosted one party and a few of my guests purchased a few things that one time. I continued to order from her for about a year, but it was too expensive for me at that time to continue. She asked me a few times if I wanted to sell MK, but I kept telling her no. Since we were never close friends or hung out together it didn't become a big deal. 

Respected Contributor

i have a young relative, that is into It Works! products. it's like he's been brainwashed. i'm all for positive thinking but it's gotten to be too much to listen to.

i have known MK people and they aren't this over bearing.

Respected Contributor

After reading this thread, I realize how lucky I am.  I used MK several years ago and was quite happy with it.  Their Timeless line is great for the over 40 customers.  It is a really good line.  Also, I loved many of their eye pencils.

My rep was the nicest lady; she made suggestions, but did not push.  I don't recall her ever asking me to be a rep.

Once I was introduced to B.E. by QVC, I gave up liquid makeup for good, but I did really like the MK foundation.  It was just time for a change.  Also, the eye pencils that I so loved, were discontinued for a different type, so it was a good time for me to move on, after all.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Your 'friend' is or was trained to be a hard sell.  You just have to tell her you aren't interested in a way she will understand and leave you alone about MK. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust