Respected Contributor

Fresh Cream and Amazing Grace ?

Watching Philosophy show and heard MariLynn say she layers Amazing Grace over Fresh Cream. Eck ! does anyone do that ? I don't like Fresh Cream, smells to much like vanilla extract to me. I gave away a big tube of hand cream. Loved Amazing grace until Coty bought the company. Does anyone layer those 2 fragrances ? Are there any other fragrances on QVC similar to Amazing Grace ? I would love to know

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fresh Cream and Amazing Grace ?

I don't think there is another Philosophy fragrance which smells like Amazing Grace, but I do think Philosophy scents play well with each other since they are all so light.  I like the scent of Amazing Grace alone, but when I used to wear a lot more Philosophy frangrances than I do now I often mixed it up with some of the sister Graces just for fun.  I would frequently mix (the discontinued ) Inner Grace with Amazing.  I've also mixed Amazing with Pure Grace and Falling in Love.  My system was to choose one for the bath, mix the lotions, and finish with a spritz of one.  Sometimes I would use one scent of lotion and a different scent for the body spritzing.  

The vanilla in Fresh Cream really isn't sweetly overpowering, so I can see how Marilynn likes to layer Amazing Grace with Fresh Cream.  

Honored Contributor

I have never mixed scents, but if I were to do that, I would mix Pure Grace with just about anything else.  

I can't see mixing Amazing Grace with anything, especially Fresh Cream.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I'm with you, not much of a Fresh Cream fan. I do mix Amazing Grace with a small amount of Bobbi Brown Beach. Amazing Grace tones down the BB Beach.
This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Respected Contributor

I have Amazing grace shower gel and parfum bought over a year ago, I don't use it very much since it does not last but I do have Eternal Grace which I also love, bought it over a year ago, still smells wonderful and it last all day. I know Philosophy does not make it anymore so I use it sparingly.  Think I will try mixing it with AG to see what I get. I also have a smidgen of inner grace parfum left and pure grace. Starting a science lab.

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't mind mixing them given how both scents mix with my skin chemistry. I think it would be nice.
Respected Contributor

I did not like Fresh Cream at all. There was nothing "fresh" about it. Smelled like old milk.

Esteemed Contributor

I appreciate your post because I wondered what fresh cream smells like. I never bought that one, but was going to, but now I changed my mind so you saved me money thank you! lol.

Anyway, I use Amazing Grace in all forms, and have gotten many compliments on it at various places like Dr. offices, etc.

Now my husband doesnt care for Amazing Grace (lol). I love him dearly but I dont care if he doesnt like it, i wear it out and shower in it anyway because I love it!

I was going to try to get Pure Grace at some point because he may like that being its a light "just" clean scent (so they say).

I also tried Baby Grace which I love to shower with, however I didnt care for it as a spray! And of course I tried some of the former holiday scents for showering which I also love. But I havent tried any of these Summer scents yet (but will eventually).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles