Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

Our Sam's Club does still get some in but you have to go really early, they don't get many & they go fast..(If you have a Sam's in your area) good luck..

@happycat wrote:

I want to buy my son and his wife a freezer. 

Has anyone looked for freezers lately? 

Well, Lowe's did not have one, neither upright nor chest type. 

Tomorrow I will call some other places and hope that I have some luck. 

I have never seen Lowes with NO freezers. I also looked at a few places on line and they are out too. I think that freezers are gonna go the route of toilet paper. 

What will be next, I wonder? 

It won't take long to figure out what will be next.

People in here will be the first to tell us what the next horror will be.

Respected Contributor

I have been on the hunt for a small freezer. Nothing really big was at Lowes Sunday and none but they did have fridges. DD got a new faucet for her bathroom (old one is leaking) she got a voice mail to be patient until they can get a plummer out to install. Glad she can still use the faucet. Didn't know about bread machines, I have that thinking to bring it out but can't find yeast or bread flour. 

Super Contributor

Went into Lowe's around 3-4 weeks ago saw sales person in the appliance section and asked her if they had any freezers.  She told me they were getting 4 units in the next day and to be at store by 9am.   My husband did just that and got a 7.1 cu for 220.00

Also was told freezers are the new generators.  

Honored Contributor

I can't comment on upright freezers but small chest freezers, 3.5 cubic feet, are not sold in stores anymore. 

The only place to get them is on-line.

We had to replace ours in February and had to order from Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

Wayfair 4.4 cubic

A relative couldn't locate freezers for sale - finally found on Wayfair. She didn't want a huge one - very happy with this one.

Google shows Quill  (I just learned of this company)  also has freezers.

Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@happycat wrote:

I want to buy my son and his wife a freezer. 

Has anyone looked for freezers lately? 

Well, Lowe's did not have one, neither upright nor chest type. 

Tomorrow I will call some other places and hope that I have some luck. 

I have never seen Lowes with NO freezers. I also looked at a few places on line and they are out too. I think that freezers are gonna go the route of toilet paper. 

What will be next, I wonder? 

@happycat 

I’m sure they will appreciate having a freezer.

Haven’t looked at brands in a long while, but I strongly recommend an upright rather than a chest which I had for years.

The reason being that it is harder to keep things organized in a chest, and it is somewhat difficult to reach down into the bottom of one.  I am 5’ 7” and have almost tipped in many times.  When the chest freezer started acting up, it was replaced with an upright, a good improvement.

I hope you are successful in finding one.  Just a thought, I know you are looking New, but have you thought of looking used?  My Dad always buys used dryers, which I wouldn’t want, but he does it on his theory that they don’t last long anyway.  His used ones frequently outlast my new.  Well, anyway, they can be sanitized.  You might also look at ‘scratch and dent.

Luck to you.

Oh me, I cringe remembering the humongous chest freezer my folks had when I was growing up. You had to hold the lid of it up, while searching in the bottomless pit. I am not tall either. Loads of fun, lol. So, I'm in agreement with you, I wouldn't get them one of those.

We did buy a used one years ago, and it lasted quite several years, we were happy with it. I would think about it if it was for me, but I hate to get them a used one. It wouldn't matter though, because I did look on craigslist in this area and also facebook marketplace. There are no freezers on either place.

Isn't this just something else?

Valued Contributor

There is a place in the Chicago area that does ship thru the country. I do not know if they might have what you are looking for. The place is called ABT.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure if you have a BestBuy in your area but I have purchased a small freezer from them in past years.  I would check if there are any small appliance stores in your area. We have one and only one. I love to shop there first when I can get the price I prefer. Check on line because QVC/HSN, Kohl's sometimes feature these items. Odd but I have seen them on the websites. Good Luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@msgb wrote:

There is a place in the Chicago area that does ship thru the country. I do not know if they might have what you are looking for. The place is called ABT.

Aww, I saw this too late, thank you though. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I'm not sure if you have a BestBuy in your area but I have purchased a small freezer from them in past years.  I would check if there are any small appliance stores in your area. We have one and only one. I love to shop there first when I can get the price I prefer. Check on line because QVC/HSN, Kohl's sometimes feature these items. Odd but I have seen them on the websites. Good Luck.

I saw yours too late also, to look at the places you mentioned. I found one at Best Buy. Its not in stock but will by here in mid June, which will be fine. 

I called one appliance place and he said he didn't think there were any freezers in this state for sale anywhere, that he has had people calling him from out of state looking for them. 

What in the world?