Respected Contributor

Was anyone else anticipating free shipping for their surprise QVC birthday reveal?  It was revealed 6 easy pays for tonight's TSV, I have several items on wish list I'd jump on if free shipping was offered.  With the high costs of original and return shipping it would be great to have free shipping offered to help with those costs. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Free Shipping QVC birthday

Another "big reveal" that was a big nothing.  I have a friend visiting and told her these "surprises" usually turn out to be nothing special.

Hopefully, they'll have a free shipping day at some point during the month.

Contributor

I have to say that QVC executives are insulting my intelligence. I thought they would do free shipping for the birthday weekend, but no, easy pay. Easy pay is no incentive for me. Pay now or pay later. Free shipping and a discount on the clearance would have been welcomed, but no. They raised clearance prices about 10 days ago between.50-$10 per item which I find laughable since some items have been in stock minimum of 2 years.No free shipping or deals for Memorial Day nor Birthday weekend. It is almost as if they do not wish to sell anything. Is this an operation ploy due to warehouse conversion issues? I would not want to be the executive reporting sales this quarter.
Bad decision making at the top. I have been a customer about 30 years and I have had an issue in past 3 weeks with at least 3 orders of incorrect merchandise. Received one item of two part set supposedly first run. Then two mislabeled items that were not what I ordered. Even the exchange program is slow go at the pace that molasses runs. It takes many days for my item to make it out of the post office. Yet host keep preaching free exchanges, but neglect to state that process is about 20 days turnaround.
I’m becoming disenchanted with the whole experience.
It’s as if the executives have changed the definition of what Q-V-C used to stand for when I began back in their beginning years. Is this the new reality and do I need to move on?????If not for Louis Dell Olio and his Linea Collection I would have totally given up.
Super Contributor

They have easy pay every day, it isn't a surprise.  QVC is the only place where clothes go up in pricce the longer they have an item.  49.98 is not a clearance price.

Super Contributor

I have to agree with Sarah form the South.  I have been a customer for about 24 years, so not quite as long as Sarah, but things have changed sooo much within a very short period of time.  I'm not adverse to change, but the changes I have witnessed are not necessarily welcomed. When I read some of the forums regarding this issue, QVC is quickly going to lose their base customers. If QVC is trying to attract a younger audience, they sadly will find most younger people would rather shop 'other stores'.  They certainly don't have or take the time to watch a shopping channel.  That being said, yes I know times are changing but not for the better IMO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if @Sarah from the South has ever bothered to view one of the Q's quarterly financial reports?  I'd guess not, otherwise she wouldn't be so free and easy with her advice.  If she had, she'd know QVC operated in the red last quarter.  That means no profit.  Does that give you a clue as to why they aren't generously giving away free shipping?  Perhaps if Sarah was sitting in the CEO's place, she'd see things differently.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

No one in my family has ever ordered from QVC except my late mother.  Are we going to be inundated with "influencers" to shape the Q going forward?  Because that generation's money is not going to be spent on Grandma's shopping channel.  The trendy products aren't offered, shipping is charged, and delivery is (at times) atrocious.  The next five years will be interesting.    

Valued Contributor

In some ways, Q shipping is high and in other ways it's not. I regularly shop at one online store and realized that when I purchased two items on sale, they were going to charge me $9.95 for shipping. I was spending less than $40. So I took one item out of my basket wondering if it would go down and it didn't. 

Honored Contributor

The month has just got started, geez.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Easy pay and free shipping on shoes is probably as exciting as it will get.