Honored Contributor

Re: Free Credit Report Help?

@vickie25 wrote:

@spent2much wrote:

The free one is annualcreditreport.com.  But, again, they don't give you your credit score.  I thought the big 3 give you your score once per year.

You want to request your free report from this site.  The reason the government institued this was for the consumer to verify that there were no errors on their report.  BUT, it does not come wiht a free FICO score. THAT you still have to pay for unless you have a credit card that provides a FICO score from whatever bureau they are working with.  I have 2 credit cards that provide a FICO score and they are off, on average, by 30 points. Meaning FICO score from CC#1 will be 30pts  lower than CC#2 FICO score.  So which is right?

Until I need to purchase a big ticket item, I just use this as a guide.

My FICO score with Discover Card shows pretty much what it was when the Credit Union gave us the info. 

30 pts one way or the other is a big difference. I would want to know why the big difference.

Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

The free one is annualcreditreport.com.  But, again, they don't give you your credit score.  I thought the big 3 give you your score once per year.

They do but you must request it.  It is not done automatically.

However, if your bank the old fashion way (offline), your bank will print out a credit & FICO report anytime you wish all for FREE!!!!!  In other words, you do not have to wait a whole year for a report.

For the past 2 yrs, I have been planning on getting a new car at the end of this year.  So what I have been doing is having my bank get my reports every 3-6 months.

So far, so good, fingers & toes cross to get a bank car loan at lower interest rate & low monthly payments.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone!

I have an American Express card, so I will go on their website and see what I can find out. I will also contact my bank. 

And thanks for annualcreditreport.com. I will check that out as well. 

We have excellent credit, but we just want to check to make sure it's still the same. 

I knew I could count on you all to help Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett