Honored Contributor
Guess I can't quote our CIC. Wonder whom quoting him word for word, on topic, offended? Oh well, the day and I will move on.
hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2015 hckynut said: Guess I can't quote our CIC. Wonder whom quoting him word for word, on topic, offended? Oh well, the day and I will move on.

I saw it and it was not a knock either. As I have read many times..."If it bleeds it leads" that is what all headline news does.especially local news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

You don't have to be sorry, I was just clarifying.....some stories I just won't read because I guard my eyes.

Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2015 croemer said:
On 3/21/2015 terrier3 said:
On 3/21/2015 terrier3 said:

The NY Daily News online has had nothing but horrible, freaky stories as headlines now.

Horrible people killing people in extremely evil ways, most here in the USA.

It makes me wonder why Jodi arouses so much emotion when equally terrible things happen daily.

I would say because she is written about and seen...where as some stories are not really reported or seen in the media. All deaths are tragic.

But these other stories ARE seen...they are headlines in the Daily News!

They just don't seem to have the same "staying power" as Jodi does!

Agreed but the press decides which cases they will beat the drum on...over and over. I think the story gets some legs...notice and they then ignore other stories.

I couldn't agree more croemer.

Honored Contributor

I don't quite get the coverage over the Arias' case either......

Super Contributor

I do not think it was because Jodi is white(nor do I find her pretty). It had titillating aspects, Mormon, s#x, and shocking murder caught on tape.

Agree. The s*x part especially was promoted in the segment I watched when this was all going down initially.