Esteemed Contributor

There are so many freaky, weird headlines every morning you don't know which one to read first.....some of them I just don't read because they're too sad. Once you're read the headlines you don't need to know the details. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Respected Contributor

Too often the headlines are not even supported by the story, they write the headline purely to grab attention.

Sadly, on the internet it's obvious by the comments that too many people don't bother to read the story, ever. The outrage expressed is 100% based on the headline and obviously not supported by the article itself and yet these people will endlessly defend their uninformed opinion.

Honored Contributor

The NY Daily News online has had nothing but horrible, freaky stories as headlines now.

Horrible people killing people in extremely evil ways, most here in the USA.

It makes me wonder why Jodi arouses so much emotion when equally terrible things happen daily.

Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2015 terrier3 said:

The NY Daily News online has had nothing but horrible, freaky stories as headlines now.

It makes me wonder why Jodi arouses so much emotion when equally terrible things happen daily.

I would say because she is written about and seen...where as some stories are not really reported or seen in the media. All deaths are tragic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2015 croemer said:

I would say because she is written about and seen...where as some stories are not really reported or seen in the media. All deaths are tragic.

But these other stories ARE seen...they are headlines in the Daily News!

They just don't seem to have the same "staying power" as Jodi does!

Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2015 croemer said:

But these other stories ARE seen...they are headlines in the Daily News!

They just don't seem to have the same "staying power" as Jodi does!

Agreed but the press decides which cases they will beat the drum on...over and over. I think the story gets some legs...notice and they then ignore other stories.

Honored Contributor
The press picks up on a crime involving a young, pretty Caucasian woman.
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't post about anything without reading it first.

I was speaking of things that I refuse to read because of the gory content, not things I discuss here.....

Honored Contributor

I do not think it was because Jodi is white(nor do I find her pretty). It had titillating aspects, Mormon, s#x, and shocking murder caught on tape.

Respected Contributor
On 3/21/2015 YorkieonmyPillow said:

I wouldn't post about anything without reading it first.

I was speaking of things that I refuse to read because of the gory content, not things I discuss here.....

If this is in response to my post, I wasn't talking about you or even here on viewpoints. I was talking about the comments under article in on-line newspapers and facebook news feeds that post the headlines only with a link to the story.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.