Respected Contributor

Re: Freaking the heck out...

@Northray@beckyb1012 @homedecor1 .... Several years ago, I purchased a piece of exercise equipment from an ad on Craigs List.  It was new in box, but had been stored in someone's garage.  The seller opened the box in his driveway, and I could see that the item had never been out of the box.  

The box was big for me to carry and lift, so the seller put it in the car for me.  He was going to put it in the trunk, but I thought it would be easier to get out from the back seat.  

I got home and pulled the box out of the car.  Was going to carry it into the house, but again, because of the size, that was difficult, so I opened it up on the walkway to the house.  THANK GOODNESS!  As soon as I started to lift the equipment from the box, roaches started swarming out over the side.  It was exactly like a horror movie.  Solid stream of roaches scrambling to escape.  I sprayed the garage and all around the exterior and interior of the house.  So very grateful that I didn't open that box inside.  It would have been a real nightmare.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@Northray@beckyb1012 @homedecor1 .... Several years ago, I purchased a piece of exercise equipment from an ad on Craigs List.  It was new in box, but had been stored in someone's garage.  The seller opened the box in his driveway, and I could see that the item had never been out of the box.  

The box was big for me to carry and lift, so the seller put it in the car for me.  He was going to put it in the trunk, but I thought it would be easier to get out from the back seat.  

I got home and pulled the box out of the car.  Was going to carry it into the house, but again, because of the size, that was difficult, so I opened it up on the walkway to the house.  THANK GOODNESS!  As soon as I started to lift the equipment from the box, roaches started swarming out over the side.  It was exactly like a horror movie.  Solid stream of roaches scrambling to escape.  I sprayed the garage and all around the exterior and interior of the house.  So very grateful that I didn't open that box inside.  It would have been a real nightmare.

Oh my whole body as chills and not in a good way.  That was a nightmare.  I guarantee you if they had come out while I was driving my car the other drivers would have gotten a really good Show!! @ItsME

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012  It was truly awful.  I might have had an accident if they'd come out in the car.  

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@beckyb1012  It was truly awful.  I might have had an accident if they'd come out in the car.  

Yes, and I know for sure the accident I would have had would not involved another car, utility pole, or anything like if you know what I mean @ItsME

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

having moved all over the country with dh during his job transfers, we have lived with roaches most of the moves, some so large they knock at the front door and just move in.

ifyou live in an apartment building, the other apartments have roaches, till these apartments are sprayed you will always have a problem with roaches. i know many of the apartments we lived in we finally got the people agree to spraying by a professional every 3 months, most of the time it worked till another client moved and would't have spraying done. 

To this day have a phobia  against all bugs, I have 2 bug companies and spray my house every 3 months. I live in a house alone, no more apartments ever. 

good luck with getting rid of the roaches.

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@viva923

You gave me my laugh for the day with "they knock at front door & movein".

My laundry is in the garage (which I hate but that's a different story).  When I do laundry it's usually in the evening because it's too hot in the day ...I'm on "patrol" with my Raid Roach can in hand before I step foot in garage.😮I sometimes freak out so bad when I see one I'm anxiety ridden to go back out & put clothes in dryer!  stupid i know🙄

Ive only seen a few in all these years but they are BIG...I think it takes the whole can to kill it..then I'll leave a note killed a "southwest jetliner" in the garage last night ...spray again

Honored Contributor

your roaches sound like Palmeto bugs, which are in the roach families.  Lived with them also.