Esteemed Contributor

Re: Franken Food, Brilliant or a Little of Both?

I'll try it.  Taste and texture would be important to me, something not "mealy" or slimy.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

I'll take a juicy marinated portabella with sauteed onions and peppers any day over this or a cowburger.

Respected Contributor

I like beef burgers and veggie. Not sure if I would want to try this one, though. What's the 'high-tech approach" ? That's what's concerning. I eat some processed foods, but this seems too much messing around with mother nature.
Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:
I like beef burgers and veggie. Not sure if I would want to try this one, though. What's the 'high-tech approach" ? That's what's concerning. I eat some processed foods, but this seems too much messing around with mother nature.

Yes. This is what I was trying to convey, but didn't say it as well as you did @PhilaLady1!

Esteemed Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

That is explained in layman's terms in the linked article.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I've seen these guys on tv.....brilliant!  I'd try the stuff......I don't do genetically altered food.....now that's scary.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I like veggie burgers, but I don't need them to taste like or be like meat burgers. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I guess for me why I am so interested in these articles is that I have always felt like a total and complete hypocrite as I so love animals yet I am a meat eater and it really bothers me but I can't seem to break myself of the cycle.  I have cut down on the amount of meat that I do consume but if an alternative such as this became mainstream I would happily give it a try.

I don't trust Monsanto or ADM but these folks seem like their heart is in the right place about worrying about the planet and those of us that inhabit it so I would hope this research will be a very positive thing for all creatures going forward.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy most veggie burgers and will keep an eye out for this one.  It won't taste like meat, I am sure.  But the _texture_ of meat is elusive and the v. burgers can be pasty and swampy in texture even when they taste good.  I don't eat burgers too often but It would be nice if there were a more "umami" alternative.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I'll take a juicy marinated portabella with sauteed onions and peppers any day over this or a cowburger.

That sounds yummy @Lucky Charm!

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••