Esteemed Contributor

I have a couple of Ball Jars in my kitchen that I use to empty out my wallet every, or every other, day.  When they get full, I'll take them to my bank where they use their automatic counter and then its deposited into savings.  No biggie!

I'm an impatient person I know but it really bugs me when people are in line paying by change and looking through their boat load of change because they know they have one more penny in their coin purse.  I've stood and watched them push the money around with their finger, shake it and even dump it on the counter just to find that one penny (or nickle, etc.).  That absolutely drives me nuts!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Gram W wrote:

@Marp.  I do the same except I put the quarters in old pill bottles in my console.  The 2 bottles are the same diameter and each hold $8.   I use the quarters for car washes, parking meters and washing my large comforters and throw rugs at a laundry mat.    If I keep those bottles full I am prepared for everything even a pay phone if I have no cell service.  Occasionally there is no service when traveling in the mountains and deep valleys.

Ha!

I fill pill bottles with quarters too!

The bottles I have will hold $10, and sometimes I have 8 or 10 of them saved up. 

I use them for the car wash in the winter time (summer I do my own car in the driveway!), when I have to occasionally go to the laundromat, or sometimes I just run short of cash, and take them to the bank when I need a little extra money.

Honored Contributor

my kids and i save our change in containers so we like getting change.

we then pool all of our coins and

then go to a coinstar machine (usually three times a year) when there are a lot and split the haul four ways evenly. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I put my change in containers:  1 for nickels & pennies, 1 for dimes, and 1 for quarters.  Usually I take them to the bank just before our summer vacation and before Christmas and put them thru the coin sorter.   When I get ready to cash them in, my husband says what a good idea but he doesn't contribute so I use the $$$ for myself.

Frequent Contributor

Pennies!  You can't buy anything with them, and you can't buy anything without them!  ha ha