Honored Contributor

Why are some nicknames in tiny print?

The default is bolded nickname but I’ve noticed many recently.

They usually have a lower post count.

Does posting to, say, 200 posts automatically bold it?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Forum Question:🤔

They appear to be all the same on my laptop.

Respected Contributor

I've never noticed that. Maybe I should look more carefully. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a screenshot over in Beauty Sub-forum.

See how several are little print?

D935D035-6318-4930-AD1D-D16824E581C3.png

Honored Contributor

They don’t have many posts. Probably bold automatically after a certain amount.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

This is a screenshot over in Beauty Sub-forum.

See how several are little print?

D935D035-6318-4930-AD1D-D16824E581C3.png

@sidsmom

@sidsmom

I'm not totally sure, but I believe the nicknames stay regular print if you have already read the comment, and are in bold print if someone has posted on the topic since you read, or posted.

This would be the same as topics you have not read stay in bold, while one you have read go to regular type.

Seems logical to me, but logic does not always provide the correct answer.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe

Nerts.

I purposefully clicked on ‘Mark all posts as read’,

then took the screenshot. 

I even went back to Beauty to open one of the ‘little nic’ posts

and the ‘little’ print remains even though I’m in the thread. 

Hummmmm.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Greetings, all!😊

@sidsmom and @proudlyfromNJ are correct:   the bold or light nickname is an indication of being above or below a certain post count -- I can't remember the number, maybe 200 or 250.   

(There's more involved when a nickname is listed identically multiple times in the user file -- you'll notice some names have exact matches to other names, or almost exact except for upper/lower case letters, yet they are different posting accounts -- unfortunately this website software allows that, and it causes problems.)

You’ll see that our nicknames are bold text or light text not only when viewed in the listing of thread titles but also when we’ve opened a discussion and we see the names next to their posts inside  a thread.   There’s nothing we can do to change that.

@Drythe and @sidsmom,   The bolding of thread titles is not related to bolding nicknames.   

Marking posts or threads as "new" or as "read" won't have any effect on nicknames.   It's completely different software affecting totally different files.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Dear dooBdoo, I know you know a great deal about computers, and I hope you don't mind my asking you a question.

I have many photos loaded  into my QVC Images that I will never use again.  Can you tell me a simple way to delete them?

It would be very much appreciated, as scrolling, and scrolling is getting old.

TYIA, and Best To You!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, dear @Drythe!     You might want to look at batch processing.   I'll provide basics, with some screen shots, and if you have more questions just ask...  if I can't answer, I know someone can.

Just go to your images and take a look at the drop-down menu you'll see when you click/tap either "Album Options" or "Image Options."    Choose "batch processing" first.

Then, click/tap again and you'll see your choices.   We have the option of removing individual images, or several images, or pages of images, or even entire albums.

This is how it looks when I choose to see my albums, overall:

80E187BD-2D13-427B-8268-1A2A5B89CAE8.jpeg

15C368F5-F190-48D9-BC44-2EAA3E36F42E.jpeg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this is an example of the options I see when I select my album titled "Public" and I want to edit within that album:

56A1860D-DB90-4B12-90DF-BA7E1A07A3A1.jpeg

C9D04DCB-0C24-4CE0-AA6D-06CBBB908C80.jpeg

You also can select "All Images" to see everything in all your albums, and use the same drop-down menu options.   I hope this helps....  I might not have explained it well.    I don't keep many images here, but those who do might have other tips to offer.   Have a lovely evening!🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova