Honored Contributor

I just read the latest and greatest study that says exactly the opposite!  It says that continuing to work after 60 makes you far smarter, brighter, mentally active and ready to meet the demands of life, while increasing your health by some 9 percent a year!  Amazing isn't it?

By the way, I just did the study.  The subject was ME!  So you are the first to read the results of this fantastic scientific research!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I just read the latest and greatest study that says exactly the opposite!  It says that continuing to work after 60 makes you far smarter, brighter, mentally active and ready to meet the demands of life, while increasing your health by some 9 percent a year!  Amazing isn't it?

By the way, I just did the study.  The subject was ME!  So you are the first to read the results of this fantastic scientific research!  Woman LOL

I'm doomed!  Guess I'll just give up now and keep working ... much to the delight of other parties involved.  Oh how nice a wish it was. Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Rubbish....lol   And I don't even have to read the article to know that...lol   Actually, I belive it's the opposite.  I've read studies that say that but just living and using my (over 40) brain is enough to know that the longer we work, the healthier it is for or brains.  It's like the muscles in our bodies, use it or lose. 

It's not like you aren't using your brain when you're not working. There are ways to challenge your brain outside of a paid position.  

That's very true but the discussion was about working after 40. 

Honored Contributor

my father was working full time at the age of 73 right up until the day he died.....generally 6 days a week, 10 hours a day.

my ex is turning 65, owns a business, and he works 6 days a week, and works 9-10 hours a day.

my s/o is turning 61, owns a business, and he works 6 days a week, and works about 8 hours a day....and puts himself on call on sundays.

this is the work ethic that i have been around all my life.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

How many 40-somethings can afford to work part-time?

Many have families, (children in or about to enter college) and mortgages.

It does not seem feasible to have a society of 40-somethings working such a limited amount of time.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

How many 40-somethings can afford to work part-time?

Many have families, (children in or about to enter college) and mortgages.

It does not seem feasible to have a society of 40-somethings working such a limited amount of time.

They aren't discussing feasibility.  The study discusses what it believes are detrimental to your health (like not having enough money isn't).  LOL.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

I'm rooting for a three day work week with the same pay for everyone, I want you to know.

Woman Happy

*Call Tyrone*